Manager, Corporate Logistics and Distribution at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary purpose of the position:
This role will lead Regional Logistics Managers and Packaging Sorting Operations teams, responsible for developing strategies to improve operational effectiveness and reduce costs within the regions. The Manager, Warehousing and Packaging is responsible for the strategy and standardization of warehouse operations; designing, developing and implementing KPI’s, procedures and processes that align cross-functionally.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Leads a team of Regional Logistics Managers who manage warehouse supervisors, 3PL warehouse providers, dunnage sorting operation employees, and program ownership for cross functional packaging team to include but not be limited to regional customer fulfilment management teams, plant operations, finance, procurement, real-estate, and long term planning.
- Develops KPIs, implements new processes, establishes standard work, establishes Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for all cross-functional teams, develop or implement new tools/systems to track efficiencies.
- Manages the approval process for all warehousing investments such as equipment and warehouse leasing initiatives which can require executive approval.
- Responsible for financial results for the annual spend of 3PL warehouse expenses, real-estate leases, sorting operations, and packaging purchases for BPNCA region.
- Manages the cross-functional accountability for key deliverables in supply chain such as truck scheduling, product availability, inventory accuracy, on-time truck departures, quality of cans, labor planning, warehouse efficiencies, and all items pertinent to cross functional teams and customer experience improvements.
- Lead continuous improvement projects such as; autonomous forklifts, scanning functionality, RFID tags on pallets, pick path automation, process redesign etc. Will review and recommend organization changes to improve the mix of staffing models.
- Supports the transportation of inbound and outbound shipments of products and materials including finished product and scrap; including yard management if applicable.
- Collaborate with the Ball Commercial Team and our customers, identifying waste and implementing opportunities for shared cost savings.
- On-site travel will be required to current plant and warehouse locations. In addition, travel to future prospective locations as needed with the strategic growth teams.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- 5+ years managerial experience in Operations and Supply Chain or in combination with consulting experience
- Experience in developing relationships and motivating teams
- Ability to communicate effectively to executive level management
- Strong warehouse experience with capability to charter a new strategy, gain buy-in, and successfully implement change
- Proficient with IT systems and solutions such as: ERPs (i.e. Oracle, JDE) and productivity software (i.e. Excel, Word, and Power Point).
- Prefer knowledge and experience in consumer packaging industry, food or beverage distribution. Other industries with national, just in time delivery models will also be considered.
- Working with an extensive SKU and customer base and an understanding of the complexity expected.
Relocation assistance may be available
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 98,500- $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, click here for more info https://www.ball.com/us_benefits
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans