Manager, Client Success
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups - increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to bring on a Manager of Client Success.
As the Manager of Client Success, you’ll play a central role in Guild’s mission by building and maintaining strong relationships with current and new Fortune 1000 clients that position the Guild partnership as a sustainable and valuable long-term asset to their organizations. You’ll report to Terrence, our VP of Client Success. In this role, you’ll develop an intimate understanding of the workflows and needs of our partners and their employees to drive behavior and feed new value-creating solutions back to our internal teams.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace will look a little like this:
- Developing relationships with current and new partners that enable you to recognize the unique needs of each partner’s business and employees and match those needs with Guild’s products
- Communicating with clients over the phone and in person and advocating client needs/issues across internal and client teams
- Negotiating renewals and contract expansions
- Earning trust and increasing client satisfaction through data, insights, and solutions that make Guild their most valuable partner
- Collaborating with our Marketing, Product, and Design teams to deliver demos of new products, upsell new programs, and build and execute communication and marketing plans
In this role, you’ll grow and expand your skills by:
- Taking on a cross-functional role that will expose you to the ins and outs of Guild (working with our Marketing, Product, and Design teams)
- Building and managing strong relationships with Fortune 1000 clients that position Guild as a valuable long-term partner
- Developing an intimate understanding of what it takes to drive exponential growth within each of our partner channels in a way that is beneficial not only for Guild, but also our partners and, most importantly, their employees
- Receiving feedback through our learning-focused, twice annual Structured Growth Conversations
You’ll know if you’re successful by:
- Maintaining strong relationships with clients and maximizing student adoption
- Proactively identifying the needs of each client and each client’s employees and selling Guild’s products accordingly
- Partnering cross-functionally to respond to client needs
- Delivering increased student enrollment, engagement, and retention to our clients
You’ll join a team:
- Of learners dedicated to our mission and building a successful, dynamic company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
- From diverse backgrounds, ranging from consulting to teaching to political campaigns (and more!)
What you’ll add to Guild - as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 5+ years of total experience in similar or related roles, preferably in B2B2C style partnerships at an organization where high-touch, long-term relationships were essential to the business’ success
- Ability to relate to a broad range of people and work a room while thinking on your feet to determine the needs of our partners and articulate Guild’s unique value
- Knowledge and understanding of how to develop strong relationships and communicate effectively while under pressure - balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy
- Extremely organized with a high attention to detail and the ability to keep track of both the high level progress and the small details
- Examples of how you’ve successfully taken a data-driven approach to account management to increase client satisfaction
- Experience engaging cross-functionally with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders to manage and launch new product and marketing initiatives
- Evidence of your intellectual curiosity in the space - do you blog, tweet, speak, or read everything that’s out there - tell us more!
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!