Manager of Client Success and Strategy at Verblio
We’re looking for a Manager of Client Success and Strategy to join our rapidly growing team!
We’re Verblio: a unique content writing startup based in Denver, CO. Content is the foundation of successful marketing today. But creating quality content requires time, resources, and talent, and many companies simply can’t reasonably or cost-effectively staff in-house. That’s where we come in. Verblio combines access to unique writing talent enabled by leading marketplace businesses with the flexibility and deep vertical expertise of SaaS to create 70,000+ pieces of unique content per year. With a network of over 3,000 professional writers, Verblio provides the platform for modern digital agencies, businesses, enterprises, and publishers to engage audiences with unique content creation solutions.
To do all of this, we’ve created a high-performing startup led by a 15-year marketplace industry veteran and staffed by a team of energetic, eclectic startup junkies, writing enthusiasts, and random liberal arts degree collectors.
We’ve been on a full-tilt growth spurt for several years and have grandiose plans for world domination in the near future...and that’s where you come in! We are looking for the right Manager of Client Success and Strategy to help design the gig economy model for the future and add jet fuel to this rocket. Ready?
About the role:
We’re excited to bring on a strategically-minded Ops Pro to both help design the future of the gig economy operating system and build detailed processes to ensure client success. Some of the challenges you should be excited about solving are how to deliver over 70,000 pieces of unique, high-quality content a year in 40+ verticals and to thousands of clients. Or how to segment our customers and build intentional customer journeys with a small, but mighty team and powerful marketplace platform. You can imagine all the details that need to align for success. We’re looking for a person with the rare ability to balance zooming in and out from the nuanced issues of our users to large-scale problem solving and process-building. Sound crazy but kind of exciting? You should totally do this.
Perfect backgrounds: none. But some options could include:
- Waiting tables while earning a Ph.D. in extinct primate morphology
- Startup experience in a hemp ear muff business + a degree in the philosophy of game show hosting
- Urban graffiti tour guide + author of a book about the secret affairs of Sylvia Plath
This full-time, exempt position will be responsible for:
- Designing, implementing, and continuously improving our customer experience. You’ll use every tool at your disposal from identifying product improvements to optimizing email flows to ensure our clients are successful on our platform.
- Reimagining our operating model as we produce higher-quality, more niche, and volume content.
- Restructuring our support center to provide the highest level of support to our customers in a cost-effective way.
- Being both a player and a coach. We’re looking for a highly analytical and strategic thinker who is as passionate about engaging in boots-on-the-ground work as they are leading strategy discussions.
- Developing a key account strategy that identifies clients with growth potential, sets them up with a personalized and supportive experience, and pinpoints ways to grow them and retain them longer.
- Partnering with our sales team to design a smooth transition experience from prospect to customer.
- Identifying ways to increase transparency into our customers’ experiences so that non-client facing roles have a thumb on the pulse of our users’ goals, pain-points, and workflows.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 5-10 years of client management experience.
- A strong foundation in content marketing/SEO/inbound marketing.
- Great interpersonal and networking skills and a love for building relationships with clients.
- Experience designing large-scale operational processes.
- A data-driven mentality, and the interest to build reporting, tracking, and systems that enable us to understand our customer health and allocate our limited resources accordingly.
- Strong writing and messaging skills; you’ll be creating educational resources, wordsmithing our messaging both on the platform and in marketing collateral, standardizing our talking points, etc.
- A talent for balancing high-level strategy with the minutiae of operational processes.
- Willingness to wear many hats and jump into projects outside of core responsibilities.
- Zeal for working with a kick-ass team of power-women hell-bent on having a great time, enjoying the quirkiness of our users, and overdelivering (because it’s the right thing to do).
What makes Verblio a great place to work?
- We work hard, have fun, learn a lot, and are proud of our transparent, collaborative culture.
- We believe in doing good, and that creating great opportunities for home-based writers is just as important as helping our clients find their next customer.
- This year we made the Inc 5000 list and won our fifth Mercury 100 award as one of the fastest-growing companies in the Boulder Valley.
- We offer competitive salaries, health, dental & vision insurance, and a generous vacation policy.
Excited about this opportunity? If so click here to apply with your resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile link.