Manager, Client Operations
Guild is hiring for a Manager, Client Operations to scale the effectiveness of a growing team of client-facing individuals, across both employers and education institutions. In this role, you’ll own multiple projects that use strategy, process and tools improvements to drive multiplicative impact.
Guild operates on the cutting edge of the Future of Work, partnering with the United States’ largest companies to innovate on how to educate and up-skill millions of employees. These employers span industries, with a particular focus on employers with large populations of front-line employees, including Financial Services, Retail, Restaurants and Telecommunications. The Client Services team is specifically focused on owning these employer relationships, following their decision to join the network. Using a mix of strategic consulting, customer success and commercial orientation, the team manages and grows these large, strategic client relationships.
As a Manager, Client Operations, you will:
- Ensure Sales & Client Services team members can maximize their time working directly with clients, through process simplification, development of tools and strategic guidance
- Develop processes that allow new team members to quickly drive an impact for Guild’s clients, including on-boarding programs, sales cycle and client delivery frameworks, and more
- Partner cross-functionally with our Partner Analytics team to ensure our teams can guide their actions based on a data-driven framework
- Curate and configure the technology stack used by our Sales & Client Services team members to maximize collaboration and productivity
- Lead the execution of special projects across our go-to-market teams
In this role, you’ll work closely with Greg Siegel, Courtney Allen and other members of the Client Operations team. In addition to working on Client Operations, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Zoe Weintraub (VP, Business Development), Amanda Lubin (VP, Academic Partnerships), Randi Cosentino (Chief Academic Officer) and Terrence Cummings (VP, Employer Partnerships).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of total experience in operations, strategy and/or consulting roles
- Comfort with operational excellence strategies for B2B style organizations, where high-touch, long-term relationships are essential to the business’ success
- Experience with best-in-class systems and tools for client-facing success
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that can be scaled and/or automated
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills with the ability to synthesize information and deliver strong story-telling
- Strong technical orientation, with experience on both Product Management-style collaboration with internal developers and the configuration of third-party solutions
- Examples of tangible improvement of your team(s) and organization(s) through the implementation of better processes and strategies
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.