Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
The Sales Manager is a leadership-level position that is responsible for managing and growing the Company's sales pipeline and leading, coaching and managing a team to successfully deliver on their respective annual sales goals, and achieving high customer satisfaction.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Delivering a sales capability that drives customer affinity and scalable, sustainable growth.
· Managing a team of 8-20 sales representatives. This team consists of Account Managers and Sales Executives selling solutions and providing account management across North America.
· Increasing product revenue market share within the Independent Agent Insurance markets.
· Managing and coordinating the tactical and strategic direction of sales representatives engaged in promoting and selling solutions and account management.
· Strong mentoring and adherence to set Vertafore best practices and methodologies.
· Recommends changes to current sales techniques or procedures based on team performance and new selling techniques.
· Achieving sales at or above stated quota and goals.
· Monitoring, supporting and coaching sales representatives with cold calling, prospecting, web-ex sales presentations and demonstrations, follow-up calls and closings.
· Responsible for territory value growth and customer satisfaction within assigned territory.
· Successfully mastered the following skills: Sales Management, aggressive cold/warm calling, prospecting, product demonstration and closing.
· At least 3 years of related experience with at least 1 year of management experience
· Proven success in professional sales, preferably in enterprise solutions selling within the Financial Services industry, which includes insurance.
· Operational knowledge of various Windows based application programs and current Internet technologies.
· Self motivated, ability to work independently and motivate a team.
· Management of pipelines, territories, forecasting and processes.
· Experience with coaching and mentoring.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.
THE VERTAFORE STORY
Over the past 50 years, Vertafore has advanced the entire insurance distribution channel with the best software solutions in the industry. Today, we're proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, reduce costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight- right when customers need it most. We partner with other leading technology companies to deliver comprehensive solutions to improve the way our customers do business and serve their customers.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.