Manager, Carrier Relations at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Manager, Carrier Relations is accountable for a broad scope of functional areas within Zayo in developing strategies and tactics to maximize and manage the value received for expenditure with the ILECs, CAPs, CableCOs, CLECs, and independent telephone companies (Access Providers). This involves establishing and maintaining effective vendor working business relationships through the joint development and management of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Service Delivery and Assurance activities.
- Manage end-to-end vendor performance metrics, CDD, CDDD, FOC Received, MTTR, TTR, RFR, Quote Response etc.
- Create clean and compelling visual reporting and graphical depictions of data that tells a story on how each of our key vendors are impacting the business.
- Analyze large quantities of data to help the vendor management team and other parts of the organization make decisions that drive value, including market rate analysis by product.
- Monitor and define strategies to act on internal feedback; provide strategic and operational recommendations to vendor management.
- Work hand-in-hand with vendor management to execute vendor improvement plans for Service Delivery and Assurance.
- Further develop KPIs/scorecards to ensure we are focused on the right areas that drive value.
- Assist with contract management activities including MSAs, amendments, service level agreements, and NDAs.
- 1-3 years in the telecommunications industry preferred. Experience with financial analysis is helpful.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external customer expectations.
- Good technical aptitude.
- Proven ability to work accurately and have attention to detail.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work with deadlines, and under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, outgoing and positive, and to exercise independent judgment when making decisions.
- The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (sales, finance, customer, vendor, network engineering & operations).
- Strong administrative, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize work and implement effectively.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated mutual acceptance and respect of all co-workers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience in price negotiations and contract management.
- Knowledge of global market price points.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Develop an aptitude with Salesforce reports and dashboards.
- Experience with billing a plus, but not required.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave