Manager of Career Coaching at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Manager of Career Coaching to build and lead a team of career coaches that will directly work with our students to increase their career opportunities beyond the completion of their education programs through Guild.
Guild serves working adults at Fortune 500 companies who are looking to create opportunities for career mobility through education. This leader would be at the forefront of helping our students do exactly that. You would create and execute the strategy for how employees should position and promote themselves to move up in their careers, and your team of coaches would work with our students to put those strategies into action.
As a Manager of Career Coaching, you will:
- Build and lead a team of career coaches, providing them with day-to-day direction, professional development and overall team leadership
- Develop a career coaching strategy and philosophy within Guild to guide the coaches’ work and training
- Create career materials and service offerings, alongside your coaches, that will empower our students to capture opportunities beyond their educational programs through Guild — including, providing students with information on available career options, supporting with resumes/interviews, career-to-skills mapping, and other similar services
- Be creative in how we can best serve our students in the long-term — e.g., building an alumni network, working with 3rd party providers to give students additional career tools and resources
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 5+ years experience in a career services/career coaching leadership position
- Successful track record of placement activities preferably in a corporate or educational career services/talent management environment
- Experience building and leading small, fast moving teams capable of building and executing on strategies from scratch
- Knowledge of best practices within career development and the ability to tailor, adapt and evolve such practices to a complex, fast-paced, and evolving organization
- A drive to work hard and a plan for how you can refresh/recharge while working in a startup
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also just became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.