Manager, Business Control at GHX
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:19 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, February 3, 2022
As a member of the Sales Operations team, the Manager, Business Control will be responsible for directing and coordinating the efforts of the business control team. Responsible for both financial analysis and business leadership, the Manager, Business Control must possess both strong quantitative abilities and excellent written and oral communication skills. This role requires a strategic, analytical thinker who is driven by results and can innovate and develop creative solutions to the business problems they will be responsible for.The Manager, Business Control owns the build & delivery of all regularly scheduled sales reporting as well as any SVP, Sales reporting requests. This requires that the Manager, Business Control implement a strategy to organize, collect, analyze, evaluate, and store the datasets his/her team needs to be effective. These datasets have to be structured in such a way as to support performance measurement, creation of visuals and dashboards, and efficient communication of metrics to the appropriate stakeholders at any time and inside of short deadlines. This role will also be responsible for their own process optimization and systems development to continuously improve upon month-end close, rolling close, deal valuation procedures, and renewals data capture. In addition to the core functions, The Manager, Business Control also develops professional relationships with internal & external subject matter experts and cross functional stakeholders in order to further support the overall business. As new paradigms come into the sales organization such as new products, business lines, or whole businesses, the Manager, Business Control will be a participant in architecting how to adopt those paradigms into the existing work-flows.Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Owner and subject matter expert of annual plan, actuals, and variance analysis details for the Sales Organization Must demonstrate a clear understanding of financial results and deal drivers and be able to contemplate that through the budget or the prior year/quarter/month.
- Maintains and distributes executive level outputs while also balancing ad-hoc reporting needs.
- Leads the Rolling Close process each month to ensure deadlines are met and deals are closed and captured in a timely manner so that Sales Leadership has good line of sight to current month performance.
- Support Sales Team members, Sales Managers, and other internal stakeholders with Salesforce issues and deal specific questions. Ensure deal data is accurate and consistently maintained; troubleshoot inconsistencies and anomalies to ensure data integrity
- Provides monthly deal insights, discount reporting, product performance, new logo analysis, and pipeline trends, for Sales Leadership and the GLT.
- Facilitates regular reviews with Finance regarding the documentation of new business and renewal recognition treatment
- Assist in preparing annual new bookings estimates, compensation structures, individual SIP's, territory alignment, and monthly reforecasts.
- Develops programs, methodologies, and files for analyzing and presenting data. Oversees sales data-governance, and helps improve data quality and cleanliness
- Seeks to develop process improvement both within their work product but also cross-functionally on processes that the sales function views as mission critical
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates professional relationships with internal and external subject matter experts and cross functional stakeholders
- Perform ad-hoc analysis for effective decision support while becoming a reliable SME on GHX business, products, and industry
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience at a fast-paced technology or Healthcare company highly preferred
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications (advanced or higher in MS Excel)
- 7+ years' hands-on data analysis experience, to include querying and reporting experience.
- 7+ years' experience in business process analysis and business requirements gathering.
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- CRM administration knowledge and experience working and reporting in Salesforce.com.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Access).
- Healthcare or Supply Chain industry experience.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills, intense attention to detail, capable of balancing multiple projects
- Fast learner who adapts well to a fast-moving environment and gets things done
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, follow-through on details, and provide input and feedback as needed
- Ability to balance competing business and technical needs and assist in reaching best business practices
- Demonstrated experience with Salesforce.com
Read Full Job Description