Machinist I at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
At the Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) in Westminster, CO, we develop and manufacture state of the art tactical technologies including stealth antennas, electronic warfare platforms, electro-optical laser imaging, and phased arrays. Technological developments are driving rapid expansion of our manufacturing capabilities to support growing customer demands. If you’d like to join our growing manufacturing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you!
You will machine parts for prototypes that go into state-of-the-art military, space, and tactical equipment. The role is hands-on, technically challenging, and allows you to contribute to impactful projects with exciting missions. Working alongside highly skilled people including engineers and technicians where there is space to learn and grow. This position will support the machine shop working primarily with 3-Axis Mills on aluminum, composites, and high temperature alloys.
What You'll Do:
- Support all machining operations in a prototype environment.
- Setup and operate vertical milling machines to mill, drill, or bore precision parts with basic setups to (less than 0.001”) tolerances.
- Applies basic knowledge of machine tools, techniques, and equipment to execute routine tasks while developing solutions to problems of routine scope.
- Capable of using programming software (Master CAM).
- Design and fabricate basic holding fixtures.
- Remain flexible to support machine shop execution for critical programs.
- Review and interpret electronic build documents for machining requirements.
- Be an engaged team member helping to improve operations by offering suggestions.
- Be open and receptive to feedback.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Bachelor’s or Master’s, may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $18.99 - $25.00 per hour (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.