Machine Learning Operations Manager at GoSpotCheck
| Greater Denver Area | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:00 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Two solutions, one goal: make work simpler, with better data for leaders. FORM.com, a global leader in mobile data collection, and GoSpotCheck, the leading provider of mobile task management and image recognition software, are the top low-code/no-code platforms enabling digital process automation for mid-size and large enterprise customers globally.
FORM.com was established in 2001 and is based in Braintree, MA with offices in Chicago, Boston, London, and Kyiv. GoSpotCheck was established in 2011 and is based in Denver, CO. Diversis Capital acquired and merged the FORM.com and GoSpotCheck platforms and teams in 2020 to further enable digital process automation and deliver business value for customers, supported by a team of 300.
Together, these solutions enable digital business processes across functions in Consumer Goods, Retail, Restaurant & Hospitality, Facilities & Property, Health Sciences, and Natural Resources.
What You'll Do
- You will be a key member of the image recognition team supporting, designing and implementing processes for manual image annotation. You’ll manage using our third-party data annotation vendor, part-time contract taggers and auditors, and three full-time data analysts. You know that quality training data is the key to great machine learning models, and you take pride in coordinating and optimizing our process for generating the data we need. Internally, you’ll work closely with nearly every department in the company - from our machine learning product and engineering team to sales teams, finance and support agents - you’re the point person for questions and new possibilities to use manual image annotation to delight our customers and scale our image recognition service offering.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and have the necessary skills and experience to scope, implement, and evaluate pilot programs, processes, tools and platforms according to metrics you confidently track. You’re a people-person and strong manager who can confidently lead and develop a growing team. You’re an organized and detail-oriented project manager, capable of keeping the department humming and overseeing all image tagging lines. You’re able to delegate and coordinate the efforts of your team, while remaining deeply involved in day-to-day operations and juggling issues as they arise.
What We'll Achieve
- With your ML operations experience, we’ll have strong leadership driving the image recognition data team. You’ll collect and act on metrics around finances, accuracy and performance and make sure our annotation partners are meeting agreed-upon SLAs and quality metrics. You’ll receive and send invoices for our vendors, our contractors and our clients. You’ll keep an eye on the whole program’s output, ensuring that we’re meeting benchmarks to satisfy customer needs, responding to changes and new use cases, and future-proofing our processes as we scale up. Your analytical skills and go-getter attitude will help this emerging department grow into a formidable program that will shape product strategy to bring more customers into the fold of image recognition.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of operations and/or project management experience
- Relevant experience working on machine learning products and data annotation processes
- Outcome-focused problem-solving with the ambition to capture metrics, perform thoughtful statistical analysis and deliver impactful results
- Curiosity and patience to explore and document processes, plan and implement new ideas for maintaining or improving every part of the department and program
- Customer management: capable of keeping customer commitments top of mind and knowing what deliverables need to be sent where and when by whom
- Cross-cultural skills for working with an international vendor: diplomatically and effectively driving performance from a remote team through weekly calls and constant online communication
- Strong analytical and BI skills. Ideally you have experience running queries and building reports using tools like SQL, Excel, and Looker.
Who We Are
We are innovators: We’re here to free mobile workers from the mundane and open up new worlds of possibility and prosperity, powered by the people.
We are partners: We’re only as successful as our customers. We provide exceptional support, strategic partnership, and personalized account management to ensure they’re successful.
We are problem-solvers: We believe business will help solve the complex challenges facing our planet today. We build products centered on helping them succeed so they can do just that.
We are flexible: We believe in a "Work Your Way" Employment Policy. Employees who can effectively perform their job functions remotely may do so indefinitely.
Humble + hungry. We measure success by how we help customers win. And we've been in the game a long time (in software years). Every interaction gives us the chance to deliver better service and more value. Along the way we've picked up a few awards, and for that, we're thankful.
FORM.com and GoSpotCheck offer competitive salaries and full benefits for full-time employees and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer--welcoming all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Read Full Job Description