Logistics Optimizer at DispatchHealth
Logistics Optimizer – Care Team Support
DispatchHealth provides right-sized healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service. DispatchHealth delivers on-demand healthcare services to a patient’s home, office or location of need. DispatchHealth is redefining healthcare through a unique mobile acute care delivery model that is high-tech and convenient for patients while alleviating the burden on primary care providers, urgent care facilities and emergency rooms.
Provide righteous healthcare through the power of technology, convenience and service.
Redefine healthcare delivery
Our Values, Our Culture:
- World class customer service and quality
- Be passionate
- Work hard while having fun
- Drive innovation
- Work collaboratively
- Always do what is right for the patient
- Focus on the continuum, not just the moment
- Community responsibility
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer designation, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree + 1 year of experience or 5+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 2 years health care facility clinical experience or clinical education
- Flexibility and availability
- Proficiency with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Provides Care Team leadership and provider teams with proactive assessment and planning to maintain and improve logistics structure
- Serves as an appointment/logistical liaison to patients, providers, ambassadors and leadership
- Anticipates variables to clinical need and appointment times in determining best car route
- Address routing and appointment concerns from field teams and leadership
- Create and maintain professional contact with internal and external customers throughout shifts
- Effective communication via phone, email and instant messaging with internal and external customers
- Maintains operations systems, recommends and implements process changes as directed
- Update patients on the status of their appointment times including any delays. Provide patient assistance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative project team
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to succeed and thrive in time sensitive situations
- Organized, attentive to detail, self-starting, solid follow-through and multi-tasking
- Strong communication skills: The Logistics Optimizer cannot work in a silo. Much of his or her effectiveness depends on teamwork with others. Their areas of practice are highly multidisciplinary and require reliable, open, responsive communication in order to meet patient and company needs. This position must be willing to learn and communicate their needs as well as those they are supervising.
- Cultural openness: The Logistics Optimizer will be open to learning from patients, leaders and other members of the team about values, beliefs, and how they see the world – all which may be very different from your personal culture and beliefs. The Supervisor must be willing to listen and be a liaison between the patient, providers and team members in developing a plan that is culturally acceptable.
- Respect for others: This may seem like a given, but the Logistics Optimizer role requires the individual to be especially diligent in this area and to show patience and understanding while setting reasonable boundaries and expectations.
- Career growth and investment
- Be part of something new, exciting and progressive
- Competitive health & wellness benefits