At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
We are OnDeck’s People Operations team. We think big and empower ONDK for the future. We understand our business. We seek all point of views. We build high-quality partnerships. We ask the right questions to push our partners to think critically about the business.
The Learning Team is dedicated to delivering meaningful learning events that advance the goals of our team members, company, and customer. We identify, design, and deliver these experiences through creativity, openness, and a desire to empower teams with critical skills and knowledge.
This role will be a hybrid that includes instructional designer/developer, facilitator, and consultant. We are looking for an engaging professional that can easily connect with managers and team members. This is someone that will be trusted to lead meetings with managers and directors – evaluating their needs and pitching a learning program that exceeds their expectations.
As a Learning Specialist at OnDeck on the People Operations Learning Team you will:
- Build a network of trusted learning partners throughout the business.
- Work closely with your People Operations Team members.
- Design and develop curriculum that positively impacts company, division, and team goals.
- Build curriculum that strikes the right balance between online, in-person, and experiential.
- Facilitate and co-facilitate company-wide training sessions.
- Utilize our learning management system to assign and track critical lessons and paths.
- Work with subject matter experts to coordinate, host, and support training and information sessions.
- Build and facilitate “train the trainer” programs for team leads, managers, and high performers.
- Design and develop eLearning modules and paths for new hires, functional training, and compliance training.
- Partner with our Sales Enablement Team to develop and support a best-in-class sales training.
- Partner with subject matter experts within the organization to help turn their knowledge into interactive and engaging learning experiences. For example, working with an in-house expert in small business consulting or negotiation to help consult them on how to reach a wider audience.
- Regularly analyze survey data, share insights with stakeholders, and adjust as needed.
- Leverage learning resources like associations, conferences, and articles to stay current with learning trends.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- 3-5 years of experience in teaching, instructional design and development, corporate training, curriculum development.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Experience developing eLearning courses.
- Experience designing and developing engaging and interactive live and virtual training.
- Ability to effectively facilitate workshops, panels, and formal training session.
- Strong networking skills.
- Critical thinker that can quickly identify needs and identify creative learning solutions that meet those needs.
- Experience using development tools such as Camtasia, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite, and PowerPoint.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Experience writing and producing training videos.
- Program and project management experience.
- Preferred industries: Finance, education, technology
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**