Lead, IT Systems and Support at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Job Title:Lead, IT Systems and Support
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
As the IT Systems & Support Lead you will report in to the IT VP, Digital Customer Experience Platforms and Technologies. You will work closely with business owners and IT managers globally focusing on operating, maintaining, configuring, enhancing, and integrating enterprise software applications and processes across the team.
The role will lead a core group of technical resources and support personnel both onshore and offshore that are responsible for delivering extraordinary support to our portfolio and core IT initiatives that drive business value. Candidates must be experienced in customer facing applications and infrastructure support processes along with the standard methodologies associated with a structured SDLC. This position will be tasked with direct ownership of defining and meeting key support SLA’s / OLA’s and be responsible for small project delivery across multiple business functions.
The lead must have proven experience working with application development and technical specialists, project managers, customers, vendors as well as, our business facing colleagues. We are looking for a team-player to provide input on ways to improve our support processes, incorporate standard methodologies and policies. Must have good communication skills with the ability to discuss and present information and issues across a wide variety of individuals and groups (inside and outside of IT). In addition, this individual must have a consistent track record of working successfully with multi-functional teams delivering high quality and sophisticated solutions within the IT space.
We are the world’s leading logistics real estate company in a ground-breaking phase – our scale and position in the industry enable us to take advantage of unique data and technology opportunities like never before. It is why these are at the heart of our strategy to “stay ahead of what’s next”.What’s needed:
- Responsible for handling all ticket queues with timely closure and responses within SLAs.
- Serve as a bridge between business and IT owners and their counterparts globally to deliver regional values in alignment with global needs and standards.
- Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, with the highest quality) of all Support Initiatives with a focus on ITSM, ITIL and Problem and Incident Management.
- Plan, handle, and supervise work requests; collaborate and create result commitments and resolve issues in ways that are mutually satisfactory to IT and the business partner; deliver escalated support for high priority incidents.
- Collaborate with global business owners on software change, prioritization, status reports, and service levels, ensuring communication of knowledge documentation, processes and changes for Service Desk team.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with internal customers, external vendors and partners both on and offshore and technology support teams.
- Work with software vendors and support staff on initiatives and supervising existing relationships and SLA compliance.
- Discuss, propose, and initiate any process changes around the use, enhancement implementation and support of business systems including the translation of functional and technical specifications.
- Encourage and promote an environment where cost and benefit analysis is performed for enhancement requests to aid with prioritization and management of team workload.
- Create a robust team by providing motivation, leadership, and professional development.
- Deliver training as needed to ensure the team has the vital skills to handle service tickets timely and with quality.
- Lead projects and allocated budget.
- Adhere to and maintain global guidelines and policies. Ensure that the product is being operated in the most efficient manner and that industry standard methodologies are recommended and followed, when applicable.
- Network with industry peers to collaborate, keep abreast of trends, and seek advice on lessons learned.
- Establish operational metrics to measure monitor and improve service delivery and support.
- Work across the IT organization to build strong relationships that cultivate a team spirit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience leading effective teams and extensive experience in system management.
- Ability to successfully lead and run projects and people in sophisticated global matrixed organizations, including proficiency in establishing relationships, developing staff, handling expectations, resolving disagreements, negotiating priorities, taking a lead technical role within projects and interacting effectively with non-technical partners in a technical context.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience establishing and maintaining solid relationships with business partners, business customers, executives, and global IT colleagues with the ability to lead and influence.
- Ability to lead team members within policy, guidelines, and standards to deliver a consistent, high-value service globally.
- Experience in handling vendor performance and relationships.
- Focused approach to quality, application lifecycle, environment, and release management.
- Experience on ITSM and frameworks like ITIL, Problem and Incident Management.
- Proven strength in development management, process improvement, QA, customer relations, and project/portfolio management.
- Shown ability to deliver against Support SLA’s with quality.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead to key objectives.
- Ability to build team and maintain positive working relationships of the team across the company.
- Comfortable at communicating at both a technical and executive level.
- Results oriented, willing to take ownership and accept accountability for action.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, technical authorities, and business customers are all crucial. in this role
- Ability to drive the Support teams with proactive thinking and results.
- Travel Required.
Hiring Salary Range of: $102,000 - $140,000. Salary and whole compensation package (bonus target) to be determined by the candidate’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.#LI-LG
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type:Full time
Additional Locations:San Francisco, California