Lead Install Technician at AMP Robotics
Lead Install Technician
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Lead Install Technician reporting to Director of Asset Deployment to focus on leading the onsite install team with a strong focus on quality of work. You will build the foundation of the customer relationship by being the first onsite point of contact with our customer after the sale is complete.
As our Lead Install Technician, you will work to:
- Responsible for all aspects of robotic systems installation.
- Reliably communicates with customers throughout the installation process from preinstall to post install to ensure that all expectations are understood.
- Calibrate equipment to meet the performance specifications outlined in the Statement of Work signed by the customer.
- Provide training to our customers both before and after the physical install of the equipment.
- Responsible for leading the install team while onsite to ensure job completion.
- Will be a champion of quality by driving the install team to create a consistent install in both product and customer experience.
- Select and coordinate subcontractors on a project basis.
- Ensure safety is the top priority for the install team by executing company policies and procedures.
- Ability to make on the fly decisions when there are complications onsite.
- Troubleshoot and repair any deficiencies with the robot cell upon start up.
The successful candidate will be a proven self starter with very high standards and a strong work ethic. There must be a very fine attention to detail to be able to axcel in this position to deliver consistent quality installations to our customers. There must be a desire to lead a diverse team and motivate people to complete work at a very high level.
- Previous experience in a customer facing, coaching, or teaching role, preferably in a technical field. Experience in a technical training environment.
- Ability to read and understand technical installation drawings.
- Highly proficient with common field tools (tap/die, impact drills, grinders, multi-meter, etc.).
- Ability to effectively lead a team in stressful situations.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.).
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Previous history of completion/documentation of Functional Acceptance Testing (FAT) for system integration projects.
- Experience with lifting and rigging.
- Experience with industrial controls (valves, sensors, actuators, control system).
- Experience with electrical wiring, ability to read and understand schematics.
- Experience with automated industrial equipment.
- Experience cutting, grinding and welding steel.
- Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to install/maintain reliable and repeatable systems.
- Experience with robot firmware - e.g. RAPID, ACE, Ladder Logic.
- Competency with standard office computer applications.
- Highschool diploma or GED required.
- Technical associates or bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5 + years of industrial equipment installation experience.
- 3 + years leadership experience.
- 3 + years of industrial equipment troubleshooting experience.
- 3 + years of of direct customer interaction.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement)
- Broomfield, CO
- Up to 70% (fluctuates)
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary & compensation information: $70,000-$85,000 depending on experience.
* Airfare, hotel and travel expenses covered, as well as $60 per diem per day.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only).