Freshworks provides innovative customer engagement software for businesses of all sizes, making it easy for teams to acquire, close, and keep their customers for life. Freshworks Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) products provide a 360-degree view of the customer, are ready to go, easy to use, and offer quick return on investment. Headquartered in San Mateo, USA, Freshworks 3,000+ team members work in offices throughout the world. Freshworks has global offices in India, Singapore, Australia, UK, Netherlands, France and Germany. The company counts over 220,000 businesses in its customer-for-life community around the world including Honda, Bridgestone, Hugo Boss, University of Pennsylvania, Toshiba, Sling TV and Cisco.
Freshworks is looking to hire a Lead Business Systems analyst who will drive the implementation of a world class billing and revenue management solution. This role, based in our San Mateo office, reports to the IT Manager, G&A Systems. In this role, you will work with the stakeholders to define, manage, implement, and optimize business applications. Additionally, you will work on understanding their information delivery needs and provide solutions to address them.
- Analyst who “owns” the identification, implementation, sustaining and optimization of the systems and processes for billing and revenue recognition
- Document business processes, define as-is and to-be processes, fit-gap analysis
- Develop detailed requirements (business, user, process, system requirements – functional and non-functional) and establish traceability to business vision
- Actively work with internal development teams to conduct gap analysis of different solutions (both internal and external) and identify the best path forward.
- Champion and provide oversight for initiatives during the Technical Delivery process.
- Develop, test, and deploy customizations and new functionality based on changing business needs
- Lead and conduct project activities based on an agile approach
- Collaborate on all business readiness activities including end user training, product testing, rollout, iteration, and support.
- Collaborate with the SOX Manager and IT GRC functions to define and implement the internal control framework for Financial systems
- Minimum 8 years of experience working with financial related applications and working with vendors/internal customers to resolve and respond to financial system issues and inquiries.
- Experience working on SaaS Finance applications (preferably NetSuite)
- Strong hands on experience working in subscription billing and revenue recognition solutions.
- Experience in multiple Finance functional areas (e.g. accounting, record-to-report, business intelligence, payroll, procure-to-pay, order-to-cash).
- Strong understanding of ASC 606 revenue recognition compliance as well as other regulatory compliance requirements like SOX etc.
- Ability to take projects from concept to implementation through a defined lifecycle process (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Test, Deploy, Sustain)
- Strong project management expertise – identify stakeholders, define and drive project schedules, identify and mitigate project risks, escalate as appropriate internally and externally
- Experience working with systems that handle sensitive data and with SOX controls and change management processes
- Track record in working on cross-functional, team projects in a global multi-site organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to work with multiple levels of the organization; from CxOs to individual contributors across functions.