Lawn & Garden Support Specialist
Who We Are
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven subscription service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, and following our Series B raise, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out this article on Medium.
We are looking for a Lawn & Garden Support Specialist with infectious energy, and an interest in lawn and garden who will be responsible for helping offer guidance and expertise to our customers. If you possess a roll up your sleeves, can-do spirit and you look forward to being part of a small, scrappy team that pitches in with whatever needs to get done - this role is for you!
The role will entail everything from investigating customer lawn care problems, to answering complex lawn care questions in all forms of communication. Our diagnostics and support is all via email and phone support; there are no on-site visits. Exceptional communication, desire to please the customer, follow through, problem solving, and decision making skills will be critical to success in this position. This role is responsible for making each and every customer interaction comfortable and memorable, maintaining a positive and professional attitude with both customers and internal team members.
This person will champion our brand and its values with both existing and potential customers, as well as other external partners. Sunday is a fast-paced startup. This is an opportunity to join at the ground level, make immediate impacts, and continually grow with the company as it scales.
Some of the general responsibilities of the Lawn & Garden Support Specialist include but aren’t limited to:
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction by focusing on timely resolution of issues, and other KPIs (key performance indicators) that prioritize the customer experience.
- Learn the Sunday product, including lawn and turf science.
- Answer questions pertaining to lawn care plans, services, products, and lawn care advice.
- Effectively communicate work status and customer issues to teammates and managers by sharing best practices, identifying issues and resolutions, and appropriately elevating any concerns.
- Commits to and completes tasks within expected time frame.
- Contributes to a positive team dynamic including achievement of key performance indicators.
- We are available to our customers seven days a week, so some weekend coverage is a requirement.
Desired Background, Skills and Qualifications
- Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens
- Experience relevant in customer service, success, engagement, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, both externally and internally
- Track record of excellent execution with strong attention to detail
- Customer-centric mindset with willingness to continually listen and learn
- Strong interpersonal skills including flexibility, positivity, and relatability
- Understanding of time sensitivity for issue escalation
- Thrives under pressure; experience working in fast-paced startup preferred
- Mastery of multi-tasking, prioritization, and meeting deadlines
- Must be resolution oriented
- Understands and fosters an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Exhibits Sunday core values: Curious, Passionate, Courageous, Driven, Humble, Empathic.
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Sick time off and vacation time
- 401(k) program
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you