Launch - Customer Success Manager
Americans spend more than $5 trillion on restaurants, retail, and services each year. Nearly 90% of those transactions happen in a real-world store. Data is king and online it powers personalized customer experiences and product recommendations. Offline, however, it’s still 1999. Brands are blind to their customers, causing them to spend more and more money on “megaphone” marketing with the same message to everyone. The result is an ever-increasing wave of generic spam that makes it hard for consumers to build deeper, data-driven relationships with their favorite brands. No wonder brick-and-mortar stores are being left behind.
Thanx is fundamentally changing that. As the CRM for offline merchants, Thanx personalizes every interaction between a merchant and their best customers, resulting in measurable increases in revenue for merchants and far greater personalization for consumers. How?
- Through proprietary partnerships with credit card networks (e.g. Visa), Thanx can reward consumers for their purchases and deliver highly-customized promotions to get them to return
- Through our interactive dashboard, Thanx makes even the smallest marketing team a data-science driven expert in personalization, delivering the right message to the right customer at the right time through the right channel.
- And by measuring our success based on revenue generated (not opens and clicks of emails) Thanx is committed to proving that we are actually making an impact for the brands we work with.
Think of us as Salesforce meets Google Adwords for offline retail. Thanx is backed by some of the best investors in the world — Sequoia Capital, Icon Ventures, and Andy Rachleff (CEO Wealthfront, cofounder Benchmark Capital), to name a few.
Who Are You?
We’re looking for a detail-oriented self-starter to join Thanx as our Launch, Customer Success Manager. As the Launch CSM, you’ll work with the top restaurant, car wash, entertainment, and retail companies to develop and deliver successful customer engagement programs. You’ll play a critical role in supporting the successful onboarding and launch of all new accounts. You will manage the backend account setup, develop program recommendations, and deliver comprehensive deck presentations to educate and train merchants. You are confident, articulate and feel comfortable engaging in thoughtful conversation with business operators about what is best practice for their industry. Our ideal candidate is a PowerPoint, Excel and Salesforce pro who is meticulously organized, able to thoughtfully manage competing priorities and accounts, and is comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Partner with our Lead CSM to successfully onboard, train and launch merchants with Thanx
- Manage intake, follow-up and backend set up of merchant deliverables
- Develop PowerPoint presentations to provide program recommendations, share best practices and strategize on promotional planning
- Build and maintain strong client relationships as an expert advisor and trusted advocate
- Coordinate smooth account transitions with Customer Success Managers to ensure knowledge transfer and seamless merchant experience
- Train merchant teams to promote the program and use our underlying platform to increase engagement with their businesses.
- Proactively find ways to enhance and improve the onboarding process and Launch function
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s required
- Experience in a customer-facing/Account Management role (SAAS experience a plus)
- Expert in PowerPoint and Excel (Salesforce and Asana a plus)
- The desire and personality to build deep client relationships, express empathy and clearly articulate Thanx’s value proposition
- Exceptional organizational skills and supreme attention-to-detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment; believes no task is too big or small
Ready to change your life? Apply now!
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.