Landing Gear Mechanical Engineer at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:33 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, May 5, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Help us make aviation history.
The primary responsibilities will include design, manufacture, integration and test aspects of the nose and main landing gear for XB-1, the first independently developed supersonic jet and history's fastest civil aircraft. Specific tasks will include supporting component NCRs, ownership for First Flight Readiness Review documentation, supporting bench testing of subsystems, oleo shock absorber performance drop testing, landing gear integration, landing gear retraction / extension swing testing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years industry experience with landing gear systems
- Industry experience with landing gear performance requirements
- Industry experience designing, performing initial sizing analysis, and producing technical drawings of components in CAD
- Industry experience with integrated systems testing, test plan writing, and report authoring
- Well versed in Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to partner internally and research and interact with potential suppliers
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years industry experience as a responsible engineer on landing gear
- Experience using Simulink to model landing gear systems
- Experience with modeling and dynamic simulations of fluid-mechanical systems
- Industry experience designing parts, performing stress analysis, producing drawings and working with large assemblies within the SolidWorks environment
- Knowledge of kinematic analysis/synthesis of mechanisms
- Working knowledge of aerospace aluminum and steel alloys, heat treats, and manufacturing processes
- Experience with full life cycle of aircraft system development including design, integration, and test
- Experience developing, refining and managing system level requirements from formal and informal sources
- Experience with manned experimental aircraft flight testing
Degrees and Certifications:
- An undergraduate degree in Aerospace Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is required
- Salary Range for this position is $95-$130k range and is based upon years of experience that is commensurate with the level of the position
- Robust equity program with significant upside potential
- Open PTO
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description