Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
Directs and coordinates the laboratory operators and maintains an adequate inventory of research lab materials and laboratory equipment. Coordinates weekly consumable supply stocking and ordering. Ensures effective operation of all laboratory equipment and serves as a liason for instrument repairs, calibration and preventive maintenance scheduling. Interfaces with employee health and safety and acts as a mediator between departments to complete laboratory modifications and ensure safety compliance. Provides technical input to other departments (Facilities, Procurement and Quality Assurance). Trains new scientific staff in the general use and function of designated instrumentation. Oversees laboratory operators to ensure the efficient operation of the laboratory area.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including
- Familiarity with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab and ensuring all users are compliant with those standards.
- Review research protocols of internal research groups in effort to stay up to date as to what research projects are occurring at the lab at any given time.
- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensure all equipment is up to date on calibrations and interfaces with Facilities department in order to get service scheduled.
- Ensures all paperwork for the activation and routinely maintenance of IVD equipment is completed per QA specifications.
- Ensures lab users have been properly trained on the correct usage of laboratory equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on Illumina Sequencers (NextSeqDx and MiSeqDx)
- Maintain quality log on equipment usage and preventive maintenance.
- Mantains, tracks, and updates inventory of all reagents and equipment in the laboratory.
- Coordinates weekly consumable supply restocking, reagents aliquoting and laboratory organization and ensures all reagents and supplies are available when needed.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external researchers working in the lab.
- Review, understand, and comply with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguard the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Process and handle European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- BA/BS required
- 1 year or more of experience
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $55,000. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.