ITS Manager II - ND Classified Infrastructure at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area, CO)
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
ITS Manager II - ND Classified Infrastructure
The Manager of ITS ND Classified Infrastructure will report to the Director of ITS Infrastructure & Operations. This position will be primarily responsible for the Classified IT Infrastructure and Operations within the National Defense business unit. In this role, he/she will be part of the ITS Infrastructure Leadership Team and will collaborate with internal customers, stakeholders, as well as within ITS to lead the delivery of reliable and robust IT infrastructure solutions in alignment with National Defense program objectives, requirements and timelines.
This role requires a strong focus on customer service, exceptional communication, building strong relationships with internal customers, , and on-time delivery on both operational and project objectives. He/she will be responsible for delivering infrastructure solutions which enable National Defense program execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strong leadership, technical guidance/direction and overall management of assigned teams. Responsible for ensuring those teams follow stated strategy and objectives to National Defense program execution and goals.
- Provide exceptional customer service, clear communication and consistently follow-up on issues and projects as required.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the ITS department, the National Defense business unit and throughout the company.
- Establish, define, and communicate effective roles and responsibilities and associated performance expectations for assigned teams in accordance with National Defense program execution, goals and objectives
- Prioritize and communicate ongoing activities and projects to support National Defense program execution, goals and objectives.
- Develop and document the process and procedures for consistent and effective infrastructure management, methodologies and standards. Responsible for holding teams accountable to stated process and procedures. Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong critical thinking skills that results in effective decision making and priority setting
- Position staff for success, provide coaching and career development.
- Interface with other ITS teams and management to ensure compliance with strategies, standards, and security requirements.
- Establish constructive interfaces with other IT teams to support broader mission and project success.
- Serve as focal point and escalation manager for incidents related to assigned teams and areas of responsibility.
- Participate as a management team member to champion Operational Excellence goals and objectives.
- Develop and implement processes and procedures and ensure they consistent and repeatable.
- Maintains strong relationships with providers/vendors to maximum service.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of ITS Infrastructure & Operations.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 10 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
- Exceptional customer service, accountability, professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills to set direction, create goals in alignment with business requirements and timelines, prioritize operational and project tasks, and enforce accountability.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Network Infrastructure technologies including architecture, design, and implementation best practices that translates into Operational Excellence (including both WAN and LAN).
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Systems Infrastructure technologies including Windows Server, Linux Server, Storage, and Virtualization.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of Data Center Operations including BC/DR strategies and tactics.
- Strong foundation in establishing and managing to an Operational Excellence level of rigor and discipline.
- Strong vendor management skills. Interface with external vendors accordingly to ensure documented expectations are met and address all issues in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121,500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.