IT Systems Engineer - Windows
Gusto is fundamentally changing how the world works by empowering everyone to put people first. Gusto reimagines payroll, benefits, HR, and personal finance by automating the most complicated, impersonal business tasks and making them simple and delightful.
We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented Systems Engineer to join our growing team.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Design, implement and operate our growing corporate IT infrastructure including apps, servers and networking.
- Create efficiencies and economies of scale by delivering repeatable automated solutions
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Document best practices and implementation guides
- Engage with vendors
- Keep our VDI infrastructure healthy and operational
- Engineer and manage the installation, configuration, and tuning of Windows, VMware and Storage platforms
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to learn new skills and keep current with the latest hardware and software technologies
- Monitor performance of IT systems using management tools and assist in planning for system expansion and enhancements
- Participate in the creation, maintenance, testing, and execution of the Disaster Recovery plan
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ year professional experience working in a fast paced environment with a strong demand on IT infrastructure
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills
- Understands the importance of security and compliance when working with personal data
- Must have an understanding of Windows Active Directory ecosystem including Authentication, DNS, Permissioning, Group Policy, File Services, and PKI.
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESXi 6 or later, vSphere, HA, DRS, vRealize, VUM, vCenter / Platform Storage controller appliances, and other third party extensions.
- Hands on experience with Horizon View 7 - VDI
- General knowledge of storage technologies including SAN, NAS and iSCSI
- Knowledge of SQL Server Administration
- Experience with automation tooling (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Certifications CCNA/CCNP or MCSA/MCSE or VCP
- Working knowledge and implementation of enterprise networking including OSPF, BGP, AAA, 802.1x, and Wireless.
- Worked in regulated environments (HIPAA, SOC, PCI)
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 40,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.