IT Systems Administrator
IT Systems Administrator - GovCloud
Job Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Location: Denver, CO
Department: Information technology
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE:RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforce to communicate, collaborate, and connect from anywhere, on any device. RingCentral unifies voice, video, team messaging and collaboration, conferencing, online meetings, and integrated contact center solutions. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
Traditionally, business communications comprised a series of inflexible, expensive, and disparate systems: on-premises hardware–based private branch exchanges, or PBX systems, which are still prevalent in businesses today. The emergence of the cloud and SaaS business models, combined with the proliferation of smartphones and tablets, as well as the corresponding new paradigms in user experiences, has revolutionized how people communicate. RingCentral is leading the charge in cloud-based communications.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, with a market capitalization of over $6 billion. With +$600 million run rate, RingCentral is projected to reach $1billion by 2020. Examples of Wall Street analyst quotes post Q3 earnings:
- Craig Hallum: "Predictably Exceptional Results – We've Come To Expect Nothing Less."
- Deutsche Bank: "Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine."
- Jeffries: "Firing On All Cylinders."
- Northland: "As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels"
We're creating cool, disruptive products and we need your help!
IT Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and supporting various corporate applications, servers and storage enterprise infrastructures that are either physical,virtual or cloud, and provide planning and implementation of projects. The role will also be responsible in maintaining and supporting the administration of our portfolio of SaaS applications with focus on developer tools (Ticket Tracking, Version Control, CI/CD. We are looking for an energetic and experienced Systems Engineer.
- Managing Corporate Applications (Jira, Subversion, Mercurial, GitLab)
- Managing DNS, DHCP, KMS, NFS, DFS, SMTP, clustering
- Managing Cloud environments (Office 365, Google Admin, IDaaS, Iaas, etc.)
- Architect, automate, and manage corporate server infrastructure, cloud computing platforms, and enterprise applications
- Installing, configuring, maintaining, troubleshooting, monitoring and automating tasks for various systems like Server Operating Systems (Windows Server & Linux), Software Deployment Systems and various developer applications (gitlab, mercurial, subversion).
- Active Directory, including Group Policy creation and management
- Creating and updating tools for automation, including development of scripts via Powershell, Bash and Perl among others.
- Be part of an On-call rotation for systems monitoring and incident management
- Providing reports to senior management regarding appropriate trends and usage data.
- Lead internal initiatives that result in highly available, redundant, resilient systems and services
- Design comprehensive monitoring and alerting strategies built around key performance and health indicators using Enterprise grade monitoring tools
- US Citizen, Permanent Resident or H1B holder (at least 6-months residing in the US)
- Sysadmin: Intermediate to expert level knowledge for maintaining various flavours of Linux/Windows:
- CentOS 7, RHEL 8, Ubuntu 18
- Microsoft: Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012R2, SBS 2003-2012); Exchange Server; SQL Server; Windows (7, 8.1, 10); Office 2003-2016
- Applications: Expert level knowledge for deploying and managing various applications:
- Atlassian Jira Server & Enterprise Administration
- Developer tools: Gitlab, Subversion, Mercurial, Jenkins
- S. Bachelor's degree or equivalent in in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or related field of study plus two (5) years of relevant, progressive experience is required. (Will accept single degree or any combination of degrees, diplomas or professional credentials determined by a qualified evaluation service to be equivalent to a U.S. Bachelor degree in the relevant field of study)
Good To Have:
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert Server Infrastructure Certification
- Working knowledge with Dell PowerEdge, FX2 or VRTX systems
- Working knowledge of automation concepts and puppet/chef/automation scripts in particular
- Project management skills delivering solutions end to end
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to Work as OneTM from any location, on any device, and via any mode to better serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral's open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.