IT Support Technician at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:13 a.m. (MST) on Monday, February 1, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
As a key member of the Boom Supersonic IT department, the IT Support Technician will work in close coordination with the IT Team in performing all activities associated with installing, supporting, and maintaining a wide range of IT hardware, software, and services. This position requires excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills, general networking knowledge, ability to follow directions, and capability to be a self-starter. Experience in supporting an Engineering and Manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Assist users in resolving computer hardware and software issues
- Ensure quick response times to facilitate maximum uptime for all users and systems
- Configure, deploy, fix, and provide troubleshooting support based on either documented procedures or directive for the following hardware and software: Desktop and Laptop Computers, Printers, Copiers, Plotters, Servers, Network Infrastructure and Telecommunication Systems – wired, wireless and cellular
- General administration functions such as password resets, add/remove/change permissions on Active Directory and Email Accounts based on established workflows
- Troubleshoot and report network issues to Network Engineer or Supervisor
- Assist users with supported software and hardware with the approach of understanding of technology from a user’s perspective while providing an expert level of support
- Escalate unknown/unsolved issues to appropriate internal or external support resources
- Discuss with users best practices for PC maintenance and performance
- Maintain, track, and control related inventory
- Utilize third-party tools to improve support efficiency
- Collaborate with co-workers to share expertise, information and solve problems
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager
- Three plus years of IT support experience in a corporate environment
- Expert working knowledge of all Microsoft Windows & Office technologies (Windows as well as MS Office Productivity Suite) and Apple OS
- Expert working knowledge of Google G Suite, Slack, Office 365 and other hosted business applications
- Experience with the following technologies: Engineering, CAD, FEA, CFD, etc. software licensing, installation, and support, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy and various Mobile phone support including MDM, Land Line, VoIP, and other telecommunication technologies
- Create a high level of user satisfaction through accurate and timely follow-up & strong technical skills
- Must demonstrate superior organization and time management skills
- Ability to routinely lift 20-25 lbs and occasionally lift and move 50+ lbs
- High School or equivalent required
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- A+, Net+, MSCA, and other IT related certificates are a plus
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description