Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation
Checkr’s Corporate Engineering team is looking to grow and we are adding an IT Support Engineer to the team! We are looking for someone who is excited by the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced environment that pushes you to learn while doing. This role needs to be great with people and strongly focused on automation. Ideally, you have been the sole IT person at a startup before and are excited by being an early member of the team here at Checkr. You will be someone who focuses on patterns and doesn’t like doing the same thing twice. Your goal in this position is to make people happy while creating simple and repeatable solutions for all!
- Provide IT assistance to all Checkr employees for tasks including password resets access requests, A/V help, etc.
- Automate onboarding, offboarding, and access workflows for all Checkrs
- Provision & de-provision accounts and setup and document all required access for new employees
- Work with functional teams and business leaders to ensure all standard profiles for new hire access are kept up to date
- Promote best practices as established by Corporate IT and redirect inquiries as necessary to the infrastructure team
- Track, resolve or dispatch all issues in Spoke
- Administrate and integrate cloud services e.g. Google Workspace, Slack, Okta, AWS, Spoke, and many more
- Create and update technical documentation for internal IT teams and for Checkr employees
- A constant drive to improve the experience of our users and our internal processes: "How can I make things better?"
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience with Mac and PC technical support
- 5+ years experience working in a heavily SaaS-based environment (Slack, Zoom, GSuite, Okta etc.)
- Deep understanding of computer fundamentals: networking, hardware & operating systems
- Experience performing hardware/software configuration and troubleshooting on iOS & Android devices
- A positive attitude and excitement for building new processes and policies for a rapidly growing organization
- Experience with Workspace One
- Experience working with remote teams and multiple offices, while using tools lack Slack or Zoom to support them
- Ability to work daily in our San Francisco office
What you get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to 25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.