IT Software Category Manager at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
IT Software Category Manager
This individual will be the trusted advisor to the Global IT organization and facilitate complex, strategic sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations for the procurement of (indirect) technology products and services. This individual will be expected to lead teams of key cross-functional stakeholders through the strategic sourcing process and leverage Arrow’s purchasing power to drive measurable commercial improvements. This individual must be experienced in sourcing and negotiating enterprise software and support, SaaS and Cloud services contracts.
- Lead complex, enterprise-wide sourcing initiatives and contract negotiations.
- Collaborate on a global level with colleagues in technology, finance and business roles.
- Conduct market research and maintain a working knowledge of current business trends including industry changes, cost drivers, global pricing, market conditions and economic indicators in order to identify new and/or alternate sources of supply, as needed.
- Conduct ongoing benchmark reviews and perform complex financial analysis, projections and evaluations of supplier proposals for existing and new contracts.
- Influence and drive collaboration between cross-functional stakeholders for the development and execution of enterprise sourcing strategies to identify cost savings opportunities and facilitate strong partnerships between Arrow and its strategic vendors.
- Act as a liaison between internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure compliance to sourcing and contracting policies and procedures.
- Manage specific supplier relationships and ensure the ongoing management of performance, quality, cost, contractual commitments, etc.
- Participate in regular supplier business reviews that address supplier performance, technology roadmaps, business growth strategies and supply market changes.
- Prepare and give business reviews to senior management regarding sourcing and contracting progress and actions to close.
- Bachelor' s degree required with a degree in Finance, Business Administration or Supply Chain Management, preferred.
- 8+ professional experience in IT Software Sourcing & Negotiation
- Ability to effectively manage large, complex, strategic projects with aggressive milestones, significant risk components and multi-million annual value.
- Experience and success using a structured strategic sourcing process.
- Highly effective negotiator with an ability to influence executives both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational awareness, and ability to plan and make decisions using sound judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications directed at internal and external parties as well as towards the development of RFx' s, contract documents and executive presentations.
- Effective leadership and influence through active participation and facilitation of sourcing projects, contract negotiations, category strategy development, supplier reviews, executive briefings and other relevant meetings.
- Proactive and collaborative approach delivering superior internal client engagement.
- Strong analysis and problem solving capabilities (i.e. analyze spend data and translate into actionable sourcing strategies).
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)