IT Security Manager at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About this team
The Managed Security Services, Cybersecurity Operations Center provides security oversight for 150+ financial and banking clients. The SOC is a centralized hub to continuously monitor and improve our client’s security posture while preventing, detecting, analyzing, and responding to cybersecurity incidents.
What you will be doing:
You will be responsible for managing the InfoSec staff and strategic direction for information security and privacy programs and establish project plans for strategy execution. In this role you will oversee a team of 20 as you work to secure Managed IT clients from cybersecurity breaches. This position will be virtual though Phoenix, AZ is the preferred location.
- Provides leadership for cybersecurity staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining information security processes across the organization to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability to ensure reduced financial loss to the organization.
- Communicates effectively with clients to address complex information security issues.
- Prepares and reviews activity reports as requested by management.
- Coordinates and implements information security, operations and activities to ensure protection of information assets while ensuring optimal use of personnel and equipment.
- Collaborates with clients and Client Management to establish client confidence in FIS’s information security program. Works with business teams to ensure information security initiatives are understood and implemented. Provides guidance and cross training to other team members.
- Works with business teams to ensure information security initiatives are understood and implemented.
- Responsible for technical information security architecture, network and system security designs, implementation and management of information security systems and/or programs for the protection of the environment.
- Researches and deploys state-of-the-art technology solutions and innovative information security management techniques to safeguard organizational assets.
- Keeps senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiatives.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience of Information Security experience including security operations, maintenance or engineering of networking or security related technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Understanding of regulatory and audit requirements around information security and privacy issues
- Extensive knowledge of networks technologies (protocols, design concepts, access control), design and engineering as well as security technologies (encryption, data protection, design, privilege access, etc.)
- Knowledge of financial services industry particularly banking is ideal
- Proficiency in interacting with executive level clients
- Proficiency in planning, reporting, establishing goals and objectives, standards, priorities and schedules
- Experience managing teams and projects for Information Security Management
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience in a Managed Security Service Provider environment is highly preferred
- CISSP, GSEC, CCNE, or other security or network certifications is desired
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.