IT Security Manager at DispatchHealth
IT Security Manager
The IT Security Manager performs two core functions for the company. The first is overseeing the operations of security solutions and the second is establishing an enterprise security stance through policy, architecture and training processes. Secondary tasks will include the selection of appropriate security solutions, and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. The IT Security Manager is expected to interface with peers in the Information Technology and Software Development departments as well as with the leaders of the business units to both share the corporate security vision with those individuals and to solicit their involvement in achieving higher levels of enterprise security through information sharing and co-operation. This position will report to the Vice President of Information Technology.
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security architecture design.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security awareness training program.
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures).
- Create and maintain the enterprise’s Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, where appropriate.
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
- Select and acquire additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security as per the enterprise’s existing procurement processes.
- Oversee the deployment, integration and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise’s security documents specifically.
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the data residing on or transmitted to/from/through mobile endpoints, workstations, servers, cloud resources and in databases or data repositories.
- Ensure the enforcement of enterprise security documents.
- Supervise all investigations into problematic activity and provide on-going communication with senior management.
- Supervise the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits.
- Perform regular security awareness training for all employees to ensure consistently high levels of compliance with enterprise security documents with a particular focus on HIPAA and HiTrust.
- This role will include security analyst functions until such positions are staffed in Q1 of 2021.
- Engage in ongoing communications with peers in the Systems and Networking groups as well as the various business groups to ensure enterprise wide understanding of security goals, to solicit feedback and to foster co-operation.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- One or more of the following certifications:
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification
- GIAC Security Leadership Certification
- ISACA Certified Information Security Manager
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer: Security
- (ISC)2 SCCP
- (ISC)2 CISSP
- (ISC)2 ISSAP
Knowledge & Experience:
- Extensive experience in enterprise security architecture design.
- Extensive experience in enterprise security document creation.
- Experience in designing and delivering employee security awareness training.
- Experience in developing Business Continuity Plans and Disaster Recovery Plans.
- Experience with HIPAA and HiTrust..
- Working technical knowledge of HIPAA data exchange protocols, formats and best practices.
- Strong understanding of IP, TCP/IP, and other network administration protocols.
- Familiarity with AWS, Microsoft Azure.
- Familiarity with Microsoft and Linux System Administration.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into IT security issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment.