IT Security Director at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
The FIS Managed Security Services (MSS) solution provides clients with 24x7x365 cybersecurity managed services. This global team provides a best practices driven approach to managing the security of technology assets and information in a real-time, proactive manner - allowing immediate identification and remediation of security threats. While MSS monitoring services detects and responds to threats daily, the true value of the model is the multi-layered protection that mitigates threats from affecting the client's technology platform or customer information. MSS employs state of the art tools and proprietary best practices that will proactively monitor and mitigate security and cybersecurity threats and risks.
What you will be doing:
You will oversee a global team of cybersecurity operations professionals providing 24x7x365 cybersecurity managed services to over 100 clients. This includes Cyber Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, and Threat Hunting operations. You will work closely with sales and marketing teams as a resource to assist with new opportunities and adoption of MSS services. You will provide senior management, leadership and mentorship to Cybersecurity Operations personnel supporting clients related to the delivery of Managed Security Services.
- Manages Security Operations staff in identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining information security processes across managed services to reduce risks, respond to incidents and limit exposure to liability to ensure reduced financial loss to clients of Managed Security Services.
- Communicates effectively with clients to address complex information security issues.
- Strategically assists with operational improvements related to outcomes coming from the resolution service delivery issues
- Keeps senior management apprised on the status of information security issues and initiatives.
- Assists in establishing department financial goals and objectives and ensures all objectives and expectations are met.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 8+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with supervision and performance management of staff
- Energetically and proactively participates in client escalation calls
- Quickly spot problematics trends and take proactive steps to mitigate impact to customers
- Leads your organization with passion and purpose
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Extensive knowledge of teams and their processes within Managed Security Services
- Experience managing cybersecurity operations teams
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment with rapidly shifting priorities
Added bonus if you:
- Bring an entrepreneurial spirit to Managed Security Services
- CISSP, GSEC, CCNE, or other security or network certifications desired.
What we offer you:
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.