Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Manages functional and technical projects using standard project management methodology and processes. Manages project teams, creates project objectives and plans to deliver quality solutions on time and in budget. Manages the tactical aspects like status reporting, steering committees, and runs project operations with project plans, resource plans, RAID management, repositories, facilitating meetings/workshops, and budget/forecast tracking. This includes reviewing and managing high-level deliverables within and across business units, performing project reviews and ensuring project management best practices take place for all engagements. Works closely with decision makers across IT and Finance departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective business solutions for Ball Corporation.
What you will be responsible for?
- Understanding the business context of the project and uses knowledge to make appropriate decisions on project approach, issue and risk management, and dependency and constraint management.
- Manage IT Testing operations through script development, testing execution (end-to-end and user acceptance), defect resolution, and final sign-offs for cutover.
- Cut-over planning and execution coordination for project go-lives.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of personnel within the escalation process and the specific responsibilities of the PM in facilitating that process
- Create project and resource plans based on business case, timelines, dependencies, financial factors and resources and ensure on-time, on-budget, and in-scope execution.
- Provide project oversight and quality reviews, coordination of deliverable sign-off, and project reporting .
- Demonstrated experience with different project delivery methods (e.g. waterfall, agile) and can to select, modify/align that method with the needs of the project. Experience as a Scrum Master and a PM preferred.
- Ability to communicate across business and IT stakeholders, especially when changes to project need to be communicated
- Formulate and manage the process for prioritizing and sequencing project activities to support successful execution while managing project risks, dependencies, and constraints
- Partners with IT Service Delivery to appropriate resource projects, and is responsible for ensuring all applicable processes are followed.
- Manage the project change process and determine the impact of project changes on the project financials, and re-forecast the approved funding
- Provide oversight and coaching of supplier PMs responsible for program/project management and delivery, as needed
- For smaller projects, support the documentation of business requirements and communicate them effectively to IT Service Delivery and primary finance stakeholders
- Update appropriate project management systems (i.e. SharePoint, MS Teams, Service Now, Meister Plan, etc.) with timely information to facilitate project and program office processes.
What we are looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Job related experience for 5+ years minimum in software delivery required
- 3+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project development and execution
- Ability to effectively manage project teams in a highly matrixed environment
- Demonstrated experience with waterfall and agile methodologies
- Project Management Certifications are highly desirable (PMP, CSM, Lean Six Sigma, Agile, Scrum, etc..)
- Experience with metrics-driven management of small to medium scale projects efforts
- Experience with generating business cases/ROI; must have experience performing technology selection and vendor management
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- system and business principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
- generally accepted managerial practices and procedures
- programming, systems design, computer operating systems and utilities, project management, risk management, security, cost management, implementation and start-up of new business processes and computerized systems
- as it relates to information services, of purchasing, legal contracts, taxes, leases, licenses, accounting, economics, depreciation, capitalization, accruals, ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations), EAR (Export Administration Regulations), auditing (internal and external), insurance, and contract negotiations
- Good knowledge of ERP systems functionality and their benefits e.g., J.D. Edwards, MFGPro and SAP
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 86,500 - 132,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 12
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans