IT Manager - Corporate
Are you ready to join a software company whose work is revolutionizing the way consumers interact with and use energy? If you love solving complex problems, cultivating high performance teams, and deploying highly scalable, distributed systems, then Tendril is the place for you.
As the Manager of our Corporate IT team, you will be responsible for a critical job: leading a support organization that ensures that technology is frictionless and that every employee has the tools they need to be successful. In your role, you’ll be a hands-on leader who directly manages corporate systems and office infrastructure across both our Boulder and Denver offices, and who manages a small team of talented and dedicated support specialists.
What You Will Do
- Measure, report, and enforce all work management processes to ensure requests are resolved in a timely and high quality manner.
- Measure and report the quality of our office infrastructure including our telecom systems and connections.
- Select and manage company staff and outsourced vendors who will implement the software and solutions needed to ensure a highly productive Tendril organization.
- Help ensure our office space and corporate systems meet SSAE-18 SOC-2/Type 2 standards, and help respond to customer-driven security questionnaires.
- Help manage the inventory of our physical technology assets.
- Manage corporate systems and corresponding vendor relationships for tech such as helpdesk tracking systems, SaaS SSO systems, high-speed corporate internet across multiple physical offices, video conferencing, etc.
What You Bring to Tendril
- 3+ years experience managing IT teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing up (ideally to a company executive), down (ideally of a team of 2-5), and out to peer managers and other company employees
- 5 years experience with high growth companies (ideally a mix of startups and mid-stage companies).
- Experience leading SOC 2 / ISO27001 audits.
- Proven experience building and cultivating high-performance teams.
- 3+ years experience managing and administering ticketing and help desk systems like JIRA, Salesforce, or ZenDesk.
- 3+ years experience managing an inventory of technology assets.
- 3+ years experience managing invoices and budgets for an IT team.
What Makes Working at Tendril Awesome
Our people make Tendril great. We are a company of super stars working together on interesting things and achieving exceptional results. Each one of us contributes to our strong company culture, led by a visionary yet tactical management team. Tendril offers our people the chance to grow professionally while working with colleagues they like and respect on work that stretches their brains and grows their skills. We are connected by a desire to innovate and a goal of helping the environment by changing the behaviors of energy consumers.
We love our dogs and bring them to work with us. We host family events and adult parties. We contribute to the community, we volunteer, and we mentor. Plus, we offer a ton of great benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with a generous employer contribution;
- An innovative and flexible paid time off policy;
- A generous 401(k) plan;
- A kitchen stocked with breakfast and lunch food, coffee, sodas, snacks, and adult beverages;
- An open office environment where ideas flow among marketers and developers, product managers and support reps, who sit shoulder-to-shoulder collaborating and challenging and encouraging each other.