IT Infrastructure Administrator (ADX-15-20)
ArcherDX, headquartered in Boulder, CO, is committed to the advancement of personalized medicine by making next-generation sequencing technology more reliable and accessible. We seek like-minded individuals who share our values of curiosity, passion and grit to meet these goals.
Make it happen by joining us in the fight against cancer.
ArcherDX's patented chemistry and powerful bioinformatics software have placed us at the bleeding edge of the fight against cancer and other genetic diseases. You'll join a multidisciplinary team focused on improving and maturing the Information System ecosystem.
ArcherDX has a unique opportunity for the right candidate to play a pivotal role in creating a culture of customer service and innovation for the department. The IT Infrastructure Systems Administrator will utilize their cloud skills and knowledge of server operating systems, virtualization, network infrastructure, directory services, and messaging systems to execute assigned projects. This person will also implement new technologies, provide excellent customer service, employ troubleshooting techniques and perform routine maintenance in response to identified needs and requests.
This role involves critical thinking and problem-solving in concert with the utilization of industry-standard best practices for hybrid cloud service deployment. This person will also engage in efforts to support, resolve & document issues that arise in the environment, which may include reviewing designs & recommending improvements to the architecture.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Design and plan improvements to virtualized on-prem and cloud-based environments to support compliance requirements, performance optimization, and scalability
- Configure, deploy, and manage on-prem and cloud-based network infrastructure components, including access policies, security groups, host servers, and storage systems
- Provision and maintain Windows and Linux operating systems, including server setup, installation, administration, security and assist with internal support needs
- Ensure data retention, availability, scalability, backup, and recovery of on-prem and cloud-based solutions
- Diagnosis, troubleshoot, and consult with guest owners of virtualized systems to resolve issues
- Work with and collaborate with other teams such as software development and DevOps to share ideas and best practices on deployment (infrastructure as code) and securing cloud systems and services
- Administrate NAS and cloud business storage solutions
- Administrate and maintain network switches and wifi access points
- Create and maintain up-to-date documentation of services and functions
- Follow established policies, procedures, and best practices to ensure operational excellence and efficient workflow
- Ensure security is integrated into all cloud architecture solutions with assistance from the cybersecurity team
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Follow trends in technology and lead new approaches to scalability and high availability of distributed cloud architecture & services
- This role is ideal for someone who is extremely hands-on but can also think strategically about designing solutions and analyzing risk
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA & GDPR Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Willingness to travel to local offices up to 10% of the time
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as an IT Infrastructure Administrator that has managed on-premise and cloud systems, virtualization, networks, IAM policies, security groups on AWS or GCP cloud providers
- MUST HAVE: Experience with virtualization (VMware) and 3rd-party cloud administration and management of Amazon AWS or Google Compute Platform and developing cloud-based infrastructure and networking between cloud and on-prem solutions
- MUST HAVE: Expert knowledge of fundamental LAN/WAN technologies and IP protocols such as HTTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, NFS including TCP/IP networking (IPv4/IPv6)
- Strong experience with installing and administering BOTH Windows and Linux in a Directory-based environment; experienced with Directory Services such as MS Active Directory and 3rd party providers that utilize SAML 2.0 for integration
- Experienced with administrating/managing Cisco networking switches, access points, and firewalls
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to provide technical leadership in assigned areas
- Expert knowledge of authentication protocols and other methods of providing security for passwords and network communication, including Multi-Factor Authentication
- Must have a focus of customer service and the drive to create and foster a culture of innovation, inclusivity and transparency.
- Demonstrated ability to understand business processes, troubleshooting issues, root cause analysis and suggesting and configuring solutions that foremost address the business problems.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve service offerings, operations, decrease turnaround times and streamline work processes.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to help internal customers.
- Strong background in developing and maintaining effective internal IT processes.
- Familiar with ITIL practices such as change, configuration, and/or knowledge management is a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate team player.
- Ability to communicate successfully technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Strong attention to detail demonstrating accuracy.
- Great problem-solving skills; able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes and take corrective action to prevent a recurrence.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and changing environments.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or, equivalent of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job may be considered