At Pie we are pie-oneering a new approach to insurance. As a rapidly growing insurtech startup, we are disrupting an industry that is ripe for change. We focus on small business, and each Pie-oneer has the opportunity to help small business owners achieve their dreams through accessible and affordable workers compensation coverage. Pie has an inclusive, values driven culture, where hard working self-driven team members have limitless growth opportunities.
We are looking for an IT Engineer to join our team in Denver. This role is responsible for establishing best in class information technology practices that will ensure Pie employees have the tools and technologies they need to set them up for success. This individual will be instrumental in our ability to scale our systems and technologies to meet the needs of our employees.
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you.
How You'll Do It
- Managing all AV, end-point protection, telephony, computer hardware, and computer software.
- Ensure internal security best practices for employee computers, Pie data, Pie network access and backup systems.
- Ensuring all new Pie-oneers have their computer and phone set up and ready for use when they arrive on their first day.
- Provide IT assistance via remote support channels to all Pie employees for a multitude of operational tasks e.g. password resets, access requests, application support.
- Keep the IT team scaling efficiently by automating recurring tasks such as onboarding, offboarding and access workflows.
- Provision/Deprovision accounts/computers. Setup and document all required access for new employees.
- Work with functional teams and business leaders to ensure all standard profiles for new hire access are kept up to date.
- We are a 100% cloud/SaaS organization. Administrate and integrate cloud services: G-Suite, Office 365, Zoom, Slack, Okta.
- Create and update technology documentation for internal IT teams and for Pie employees.
- Provide IT support for remote employees, including configuring, shipping, and receiving employee devices.
The Right Stuff
- 4+ years of IT and Systems Support experience.
- Technology Experience: RingCentral, Zoom, Slack, Okta, Zappier, Office 365, Windows, Mac, Sophos, asset management systems, etc.
- Strong experience in employee on-boarding, and how to efficiently set-up new employees for success on their first day.
- Strong experience using automation to scale IT infrastructure for a start-up or a small business.
- Ability to support onsite and remote employees.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are key. Direct interaction with people is central to this role.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Competitive Salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commute Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $80,000 - $100,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie Insurance Raises $45M Series B