IT Desktop Systems Specialist
IT Desktop System Specialist
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Centennial, CO
Department: Information Technology
The RingCentral environment is dynamic, success-driven, team-oriented and committed to providing world class service for its customers. Do you have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment? We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
We're not a phone company; we're a cloud business-solutions provider. We've thrown out the old PBX along with its rigid rules and eliminated the complexity and unnecessary expense of managing business communications the old way.
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and coaching for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast on a daily basis as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is looking for a IT Desktop Systems Specialist to provide an exceptional, high quality, professional Site IT support and technical leadership within the company for our Centennial, CO site. The primary responsibility is to provide recommendation, implementation, maintenance, and support of IT End User Services (EUS) solutions specializing in taking Site IT Support to the next level for the company. The Associate Desktop Systems Specialist is expected to recommend and implement solutions, provide IT project management, maintenance and support of network, voice, printer, mobile device, hardware, software, operating system, and applications residing on the RingCentral IT environment with the sole purpose of ensuring that the IT environment adds value, is cost effective, reliable, updated, and available to RingCentral businesses and employees.
- Assess the current state if the IT environment and recommend improvements
- Pro-actively consult with site business leaders and work with global IT leadership to identify, recommend, develop, and implement solutions
- Implement IT solutions working with IT Engineers and relevant vendors and/or internal RingCentral departments on IT solutions and processes to enhance and optimize the support provided to RingCentral personnel.
- Works pro-actively with Human Resources and internal IT teams to on-board new personnel providing input into continuous improvement in the onboarding process.
- Provide Audio/Video conference installation and support for onsite/offsite presentations, events, and meetings
- Provide IT support for trade shows and other marketing/sales related events
- Ensure RingCentral personnel's IT environment and configurations are maintained and updated with regards to technology and in particular security policies and company standards.
- Project manage technical and process improvements to IT environment and technologies
- Follow project management fundamentals such as defining the project, creating a project plan, develop project description, success criteria, major milestones and timelines.
- Provide improvement, and maintenance of IT Support services, processes and procedures.
- Provide service and/or technology leadership owning the direction and ensuring adherence to the roadmap of IT service/technology.
- Follow standard ITSM/ITIL processes and procedures
- Provide support for day to day troubleshooting of Site IT related issues as well as move, add, change and delete requests coming through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
- Lead, host meetings and actively participate and be available for IT related escalations as required.
- Lead and participate in user/equipment moves, repair/maintenance/support of Site IT hardware (local network infrastructure, printers, PC's, accessories, voice equipment, mobile phones, A/V, etc.), software (Windows OS, MS Office Suite, Virus and Spyware mitigation, etc..), and applications (O365, Google Drive, InContact, Google Apps, RingCentral Services, etc.)
- Ensure standards are in place, implemented and updated for configuration of Site IT hardware, operating system, drivers, accessories, audio/visual equipment, telecom, VOIP, local network, printers, desktop and mobile phones.
- Assist users in the operations of Site IT hardware, software, applications and services
- Maintain asset information and management of owners end user devices
- Manage vendors delivering services to the site such as Internet Service Providers, cable and satellite TV, networking and audio/visual providers.
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings with owners and executives.
- Ensuring timely follow up and status updates until issue is resolved
- Provide communications on all escalated issues to business leaders, management and other support teams. Document progress of escalated incidents.
- Be available on call 24x7 to support onsite Site IT incidents and escalations.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, CS, MIS, Business, or related field
- 3-7 years of experience troubleshooting and supporting Apple, Google and Microsoft based configurations (iPad, iOS, iPhones, MacBooks, Microsoft Windows based desktops/laptops, Android devices and related software like Microsoft Office Suite, Internet Explorer, Chrome, etc..)
- Proven record of troubleshooting and problem-solving IT infrastructure services (Active Directory, Networking, Servers) and Applications (Software as a Service vendors like Office 365 Apps, Google Drive, Google Apps, Confluence, etc.) in relations to the impact on Site IT services.
- Experience supporting and recommending audio / video technology and equipment (Projection, TV, PolyCom, Apple AirServer/AirPlay, ClickShare, etc.)
- Experience setting up, installing, cabling, maintaining office Audio/Visual, PC Laptop and network related equipment.
- Must be able to lift over 50lbs, carry desktops, laptops, printers, misc. computer peripherals
- Must be capable of navigating a push cart or hand truck.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision from direct manager
- Strong sense of urgency with an attitude of never giving up until the issue is closed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Demonstrated analytics and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communications-oriented skills with the ability to handle sensitive and challenging support situations with a calm and methodical approach.
- Self-motivated individual capable of working in a face-paced, dynamic environment
- Detail and results oriented; skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced environment
- Strong documentation skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a global provider of cloud unified communications and collaboration solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premise systems, RingCentral empowers today's mobile and distributed workforces to be connected anywhere and on any device through voice, video, team messaging, collaboration, SMS, conferencing, online meetings, contact center, and fax. RingCentral provides an open platform that integrates with today's leading business apps while giving customers the flexibility to customize their own workflows. RingCentral is a leader in the 2016 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service Worldwide for the second consecutive year. RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, Calif.
RingCentral is an EEO/AA employer.