The IT Coordinator will be part of a team that provides customer service and training for Ibotta employees. This includes setup, support, and troubleshooting in a primarily Apple/Mac environment. The ideal candidate is a curious problem solver, with strong people skills, and a focus on teamwork.
What you'll be doing:
- Onboarding new hires; including training and setup of computers/monitors
- Coordinating employee desk moves
- Provisioning computers
- Assistance with web conferencing and large meeting setup
- Updating digital signage content for the office
- Responding to help desk tickets
- Escalating tickets to proper support teams as required
- General IT administrative tasks as assigned
- Assisting with audits, as needed
- Available during non-business hours, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What we're looking for:
- 1-2 years in a customer service role
- Strong communication skills, both written, and verbal
- Strong attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Familiarity with macOS
- Familiarity with iOS and Android
- Ability to troubleshoot basic hardware/software issues
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Bachelors degree in technology or related field
- 1+ years of progressive information technology experience
- Familiarity with Windows 10
- Actively pursuing IT certifications (CompTIA A+, Apple Certified Mac Technician, etc.)
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.