Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS' Managed IT services provide flexibility to financial institutions as their needs vary and evolve. Our experienced staff acts to ensure customer assets, systems and applications stay current and continuous. That's why organizations in financial services and other industries rely on our team of experts who are dedicated to information, network and internet security.
What you will be doing
The IT Security Analyst is responsible for supporting the highly available SIEM environment. You will support Tier 1 and Tier 2 Security Operations Center analysts, collaborate with security engineering and cyber threat intelligence teams, participate in purple team exercises, and drive new threat content efforts. This position can sit anywhere in the US but may be asked to work out of an FIS location periodically for training or bi-annual summits.
- Learn. You will be expected to grow your IT and cybersecurity skillsets.
- Solve challenges. No two cybersecurity issues are exactly alike, we're looking for individuals that can adapt and be agile in an ever-changing IT world.
- Be bold. We want to improve, and you will be the catalyst for our continuous improvement in efficiencies and innovations. Follow leads and hunches to identify cybersecurity events and possible incidents.
- Passion. Deep dive into our Security Information and Event Management platform to identify security threats and offer tuning recommendations to our security engineers.
- Provide log analysis to support wider security operation services such as troubleshooting and the tuning of the SIEM tools. Develop use cases, rulesets, and content definitions based on numerous intelligence and detection products.
- Design, develop and review complex SIEM content based on endpoint events, network events, and threat intelligence. Develop technical and process documentation to improve process.
- Communicate highly technical information to non-technical users.
- You will be helping the security team ensure customer confidence by securing the financial world.
- Work closely with threat intelligence and investigation analysts to implement detection for the knowledge and information shared about current and changing threat landscapes.
- Perform analysis and correlation of 'events of interest' to identify and detect potential security incidents.
- Efficiently and effectively identify potential incidents and escalate according to defined processes and procedures.
- Support post-incident report creation and effectively document changes for SIEM improvement
- Manage a content library on multiple platforms for hundreds of unique customer environments.
- Follow change/release management procedures applicable for production environments.
- Work to defined SLA's and KPI's
- Stay up-to-date on IT security news, trends, threat actors, and the threat landscape
What you bring:
- 5+ years experience in the Cyber Security Defense and/or Security Operations space.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure with focus on Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center, Azure Lighthouse, Azure Arc.
- Experience with LogRhythm is highly desired.
- Experience with AWS Cloud Trail, AWS Security is good to have.
- Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel.
- Has a passion for cybersecurity defense as well as for mentoring and sharing what you learn
- Experience in a Security Operations Center particularly with threat hunting
- Experience tuning SIEM and IPS
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Willing to work occasionally evening or weekends when necessary.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and excellent bonus potential (upon entering a full sales executive role)
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Great work spaces with dedicated and motivated colleagues
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect with varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
- A fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.