IT Asset Management Engineer at IHS Markit Digital
The IT Asset Management Engineer is a contributor to the Software Asset Management (SAM) process and its continual review and development. This includes software license procurement, planning, monitoring, recording entitlements, and reporting of software license positions to ensure compliance with vendor contracts and the optimization of those assets throughout their lifecycle. This individual will provide technological guidance in the development of both internal and external processes and tools for Asset and License Management.
General Job Duties
- Operational responsibility for Software Asset and License Monitoring and Reporting.
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend IHS Markit’s mission, vision and values, philosophy and culture
- Continuously strive to improve, support and identify ways to increase efficiencies, identify cost avoidance and cost reduction opportunities, and expand services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Specific Job Duties
- Manage and maintain inventory database of software assets
- Working knowledge of reconciling software licensing and software maintenance terms and conditions between procured rights and quantities to ensure licensing compliancy of deployed software assets
- Facilitate the business’ needs for ongoing technical support and upgrade protection on selected products by ensuring that maintenance, support and upgrade protection renewals are managed/handled/ordered in advance of their expiration.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services.
- Develop and maintain a high level of expertise in software licensed products, license programs, and software asset policies
- Monitor, maintain and enforce licensing and asset standards, policies and procedures
- Manage software intake queue on newly requested software, and work with IT Security on approvals assuring that the software will be safe to install
- Respond to requests from end user and educate our colleagues on the software ordering process, and advise on software solutions
- Generate licensing and asset data reports as required
- Contribute in software audits with data gathering and license position reporting
- Review vendor invoices and confirm receipt and installation of software
- Advise technical teams on license requirements and proper consumption of the assets within the organization.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field or proven equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in the Information Technology field
- Knowledge of IT Asset Management and Discovery Tools principles
- Demonstrates effective use of Microsoft Office 365 Products
- Working knowledge of Software Asset Management Tools; ServiceNow SAM Pro experience preferred
- Knowledge of Software Licensing Models (Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Adobe, etc.) a plus
- Knowledge of the Asset Management software lifecycle
- Knowledge of procurement principles
- Strong and effective team player with demonstrated ability to communicate in a virtual and Global team environment
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- ITIL certification a plus