IT Architect at FIS
We are FIS. Our technology powers the world's economy and our teams bring innovation to life. We champion diversity to deliver the best products and solutions for our colleagues, clients and communities. If you're ready to start learning, growing and making an impact with a career in fintech, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
About the team
FIS Digital One suite of solutions offers a truly omnichannel banking experience for both your customers and bankers -- providing consistency across digital self-service and banker-assisted channels.
What you will be doing
Provides Solution and Technical architecture for the Digital One suite of Products & Implementations. This includes, but not limited to:
- Lead brainstorming sessions to develop potential solutions for business needs or problems.
- Work with business units to develop IT strategies and to improve current IT implementations.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Work with product and delivery teams to develop scalable solutions and products.
- Overseeing all the moving parts of the system integration.
- Understand company needs to define system specifications.
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members.
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure.
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions.
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise.
- Makes recommendations towards the development of new frameworks and implement best practices across the implementation team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS systems and the financial services industry.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 8+ years overall software development experience.
- Exceptional working knowledge in J2EE and Spring, Spring Boot & Spring Cloud Framework
- Exceptional working knowledge AngularJS and Angular.
- Experience in API development using REST/SOAP.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Git, Jenkins, Artifactory etc.)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes containerization.
- Experience working with static code analysis tools such as Veracode or Fortify etc.
- Strong Object-oriented design/modeling principals, familiar with design patterns
- Good communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on pragmatism, quality, and performance
- Excellent collaboration skills and ability to communicate with Product Managers, QA, Business Analysts
- An ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- Knowledge on core Banking Financial domain.
- Knowledge on Microservice architecture design principles.
- Knowledge on Cloud platform services offerings.
- Showcase examples of simple and elegant solutions for complex problems.
- Knowledge on emerging technologies and market trends in technology solutioning.
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.