IT Architect Specialist at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About The Team
The FIS LFI Banking Technical Services team comprises three main concentrations: architecture, integration, and infrastructure. The solutions architecture team provides sales and delivery support for implementation projects across the Large Financial Institution Banking segment, with a focus on core modernization and digital banking initiatives.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be responsible for the design, development, and implementation of enterprise system architectures around FIS’ suite of financial services applications and related client and third-party components. You will work with clients at various levels, across FIS lines of business, and with strategic third-party partners to provide comprehensive solutions that meet our clients’ functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide the point of ultimate responsibility for the technical solution, focusing on enterprise reference architectures and integration aspects of the project including:
- Interface identification, requirements, design and implementation
- Discovery and documentation of enterprise solution non-functional requirements
- Identification and management of integration tasks and activities
- Technology assessments and problem resolution
- Coordinate solution design activity with the Business Analyst(s) assigned to the project.
- Map strategic path for currency and adoption of NextGen, along with other add-on components.
- Support new business development activities as required.
- Provide project consulting on technical issues related to the implementation of core software components and applications as appropriate. Involve product technical architects as appropriate.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related discipline
- 7-10 years in technology management and bank technology consulting, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Working knowledge of general banking technology as well as FIS products and services
- Skill in leading, supervising and managing effectively under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills including ability to convey complex technical ideas in simple terms
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 50%
What We Offer You:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.