IT Architect Senior at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS is seeking an experienced IT Architect Senior to work as a key team member designing and developing interconnected, Cloud-based applications and microservices, with a focus on SaaS and multi-tenant solutions. The ideal candidate will possess a deep knowledge of Java (JEE), Angular, microservices development, and be able to solve for the big picture while understanding the details. This is a great position for a highly motivated self-starter that excels in fast paced environments, enjoys an agile environment, and brings a collaborative, team-oriented approach to software development!
What you will be doing:
The IT Architect Senior will work closely with Engineering leadership to identify product needs, business needs and technical solutions; guide application development team through development process; ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus; lead and mentor team members; and report to leadership on project statuses.
- Collaborate with Engineering lead to design and develop products and enhancements to take our existing SaaS solution to the next level of cloud-based, scalable, and interconnected products, using a microservices approach.
- Follow and enforce SDLC and standards as well as make recommendations to improve both.
- Propose solutions and ideas to drive innovation and efficiency within the domain's products and services
- Troubleshoot various products and services already in production as needed.
- Participate in SAFe and Agile meetings as appropriate.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer engineering, computer science or other related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
- Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many "very large", i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
- 10+ years of experience designing and developing software products using Java / JEE. Angular/HTML5 experience a plus.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience developing cloud-based applications and microservices.
- Working experience with OWASP Top 10 and secure coding techniques.
- SQL experience, including writing/optimizing stored procedures within Oracle and/or SQL Server.
- Experience with Kafka is a plus
- Experience implementing RESTful APIs, Web services, and Windows services.
- Experience with and understanding of JSON, WSDLs, XML/XSD, SOAP, Marshaling, Un-marshaling, Multi-threading, etc.
- Experience with design patterns, scalable applications, multi-tenant solutions, and microservice technology
- Strong understanding of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work within a very collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with any of these technologies: PostgreSQL, Git, Elastic Search/NoSQL, Jenkins, WildFly
- Experience using Containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc...)
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Accounts Receivable / Collections Industry experience
- ESB or similar
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.