IT Architect - Remote at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Global Business Process Automation team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of automation solutions. As part of an enterprise team in this rapidly growing business process automation team, you will work with various business units, collaborate with Engineering Teams and partner with vendor solutions in deploying automation solutions in Cloud. This position will be part of the platform/tools team that will be responsible for owning and managing some of the latest technologies and tools in the market.
What you will be doing
- As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will provide technical guidance to projects adopting Azure or AWS. This includes providing best practices on secure foundational cloud implementations, automated provisioning of infrastructure and applications, cloud-ready application architectures, and more.
- You will also provide expert guidance in solution design in building, modernizing, and maintaining solutions in Cloud Platform.
- Additionally, you will work closely with Solution Development and Solution Delivery teams in ensuring successful completion of projects and support.
- Work with project teams to design Cloud-based technical architectures, migration approaches, and solution optimizations that enable business objectives.
- Serve as a technical advisor and perform troubleshooting to resolve technical challenges for customers.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership, and mentorship to development teams to build cloud competencies
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines
- Work with third party vendors in architecting and implementing software solutions and tools in FIS infrastructure for use by solution development teams.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance
What you bring:
Bachelor's degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying scalable cloud-based solution architectures.
- Experience communicating technical concepts to audiences.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, 401K, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.