IT Architect - NextGen Technology Team at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
The FIS Next Generation Implementations team has the charter to facilitate technology transformation for large financial institutions who are implementing strategic products at FIS such as Digital One and Modern Banking Platform. Technology transformation includes a business value focus on continuous improvement, pipeline automation, and software delivery that spans multiple components and services. We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who are comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this transformative delivery team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
The Business/Solution Architect will help define, maintain and extend functional product architecture for FIS’ suite of Financial Services Applications. Application Architect – guide application development team through development process. Ensure development is done right the first time and has an understanding of how products relate with other products and ensures interdependencies are in focus. Software Technology Architect – define and maintain architecture principles and standards for FIS application development based on FIS business requirements. Infrastructure Technology Architect – focus is primarily on disciplines of selection, operation and administration of “commercial-off-the-shelf” (COTS) systems and system software that make up underlying operating environment in support of business processes.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Other related duties assigned as needed.
•Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education desired.
•Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as application development system designer or technical lead on many “very large”, i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
• Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
• Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
• Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
• Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
• Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
• Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of FIS products and services
- Knowledge of financial services industry
- In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
- Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
- May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
- May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
- May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.