ISP Engineer at Zayo
Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ZAYO) provides communications infrastructure solutions, including fiber and bandwidth connectivity, colocation and cloud infrastructure to the world’s leading businesses. Customers include wireless and wireline carriers, media and content companies, cloud providers, finance and professional services and other large enterprises. Zayo provides customers with flexible solutions and self-service through Tranzact, an innovative online platform for managing and purchasing bandwidth.
This position is responsible for coordinating, implementing and managing inside plant construction activities using typically standard configurations to support network and customer opto-electronic equipment and other telecommunication services within Zayo POP facilities and 3rd party colocation sites throughout Zayo’s network.
- Developing and evaluating solutions and alternatives for pre-sales support.
- Estimating and developing cost effective infrastructure plans for capacity requirements and establishing project timelines.
- Coordinating and implementing approved infrastructure plans for network and customer orders, working with contractors and cross-functionally with Zayo resources in Field Engineering, Fiber Engineering and Outside Plant personnel, along with Project Managers, Facility circuit designers and Pre-Sales Support.
- Managing an RFP process for all contractor work being performed.
- Managing material purchasing for all projects and validating on-going expenses.
- Serving as central point of contact within Zayo’s network for responding to inside plant activities and any related problem-solving.
- Maintaining projects within budget scope and prepare weekly reports detailing status of projects with respective teams and management.
- This position will require 10-20% travel.
- Bachelor's Degree or minimum 5 years equivalent work experience in Central Office Installation - Telecommunications industry.
- Demonstrated experience in Inside Plant construction.
- Proficient in project management of tight timelines and schedules.
- Exceptional attention to detail and multitasking abilities are a must.
- Proven experience with DC Power Plant systems, fiber connectivity and cabling.
- Familiarity of telecommunications transport equipment.
- Familiarity of Outside Plant Construction.
- Ability to communicate technical topics clearly and effectively with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated investigational and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Visio, AutoCAD and Google Docs.
- Knowledge of SalesForce, GE SmallWorld, Metasolv is a plus.
- Strong work ethic and ability to manage effectively multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave