IP NCC Tier III Technician at Zayo (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
TAC Tier III Technicians have intimate knowledge of the Layer 2 and Layer 3 carrier networks and networking protocols and services including STP, REP, VLANs, ERP (G.8031/2) MPLS L2 / L3, DIA, VPLS, IPVPN, ISIS, BGP, OSPF, and DDOS. Candidate should possess excellent communication skills, and should be able to perform in-depth troubleshooting of all network issues that arise, often communicating directly with vendor technical support and high-level customer contacts. The best candidate will possess in-depth knowledge of various vendors including Cisco, Juniper, BTI (Juniper), ALU (Nokia), Cyan (Ciena), Radware, Arbor, and Accedian.
The primary functions of a TAC Tier III Technician are to perform escalated Ethernet and IP network isolation repair, execute tactical network projects, and own overall network troubles and event management until resolution. The TAC Tier III Technician performs a critical function within the network repair process and ultimately impacts the NCC’s ability to meet Network Availability and Restoration commitments made to Zayo customers. These individuals will have daily expectations but are primarily driven by outages and projects in the IP and Ethernet networks that require greater attention to detail and management from a more advanced technical resource.
TAC Tier III Technician – focus will be on the IP Network chronic resolution, process creation/implementation, training, and liaise with Operations Engineering on IP/ Ethernet network elements and products – all overlapping responsibilities are listed below.
- Technical Escalation: The primary function of the TAC Tier III Technician will be to serve as the highest level of technical support within the NCC organization, serving as a technical escalation point to NCC technicians, and is responsible for engaging the vendor and high-level customer contacts when necessary.
- Network Fault Management: The TAC Tier III Technicians will be expected to perform fault isolation and repair on Ethernet and IP platforms, particularly on widespread outages or escalated issues by NCC and identify trends in hardware performance and configuration.
- Project Management: The TAC Tier III Technician is responsible for managing and completing special projects as assigned. These special projects may include (but are not limited to) network software upgrades, network audits, network configuration changes, creation of network tools & automation scripts, testing of network technologies & configurations, and other projects as assigned. The TAC Tier III Technician will be expected to compile project plans & schedules, and regularly report on progress status.
- Technical Training: The TAC Tier III Technician is responsible for supporting and cross-training Install and NCC technicians, compiling training documentation and delivering training courses to technicians.
- Network Documentation: The TAC Tier III Technician will be responsible for creating and updating network documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills.
- Network Performance Management: The TAC Tier III Technician is responsible for maintaining and updating performance monitoring and management systems, including backup of network element configurations, graphing, logging and alarming.
- Vendor Management: Collaborates with Operations Engineering for vendor related issues & escalations. Review Vendor Bulletins (PCNs), publish impact statements and create plans for implementation of PCNs if applicable and in the best interests of the company. Track open issues with vendors to resolution and provide regular readouts on open vendor issues and recommendations for upgrades or removal/replacement of vendor technologies.
- Network Maintenance Support: The TAC Tier III Technician should read and understand the process for implementing network maintenance activities, create and execute MOPs as well as troubleshoot unexpected outages.
- Ideal candidate has a Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) or equivalent from a four-year University or technical school and 5 to 8 years related experience.
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.