Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
**Please note this will be a TEMPORARY position with the opportunity to convert to a full-time employee.
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for all activities in the warehouse related to the receiving, unpacking, verifying, recording of incoming shipments and outgoing to support Operations. The individual will report to the Logistics Manager and have a close working relationship Operations and Field Engineers.
- Timely and accurate processing of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as packing lists, manifests and invoices, to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Perform transactions in Sales Force for all material movement through the warehouse including – receiving, stocking and deploying.
- Maintain an organized and standard setup of all warehouse inventory according to the Warehouse Operations standards and best practice.
- Participate and contribute in team meetings.
- Operate within and promotes a safety culture in all warehouse functions.
- Associates Technical Degree or Certification preferred. Work experience is acceptable in lieu of degree or certification;
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience shipping and receiving of with technical equipment;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Experience in inventory control and materials handling;
- Strong PC skills and experience with various database systems required (i.e. shipping and inventory control databases).
- Be able to work both in a warehouse and office environment and capable of handling and moving heavy materials, up to 50 lbs.
- Experience utilizing material handling equipment including operation of fork lifts and pallet jacks to load and unload deliveries.
- Competitive compensation
- Base salary range: $20-21/hour
- Excellent benefits including health insurance and 401(k)
- Fitness membership discounts
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time