Inventory Specialist at Arrow Electronics, Inc.
As an Asset Specialist you will plan and pipeline inventory for high complex technology demand for numerous customers—high dollar value and/or large part count. You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with suppliers to obtain the best price for customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Evaluate both Arrow generated and customer supplied forecast uploads and manage the exceptions generated from the forecast processing
- Review parameters and make recommendations/changes to ensure achievement of company inventory turns goals
- Manage inventory using Arrow systems to assure best forecast input
- Manage parts and engagements to assure both adequate supply and maximum turns
- Manage excess inventory including concentration on slow moving and/or sludge
- Work with sales team on developing strategies to successfully win customer quotes
- Implement strategic supplier focused programs and provide updates to the sales team
- Strategically drive profitability through constant communication with external suppliers and sales teams through inventory management
- Strong knowledge of market conditions in order to create a competitive advantage
- Participate in price negotiations with customers and suppliers to win new and defend existing business
What We Are Looking For:
- Typically requires a 4 year degree and 2-4 years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
- Strong Inventory Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to change gears quickly and to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Intermediate Excel skills required
- Ability to build and maintain internal/external professional relationships with suppliers, reps and sales personnel.
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Administrative Ability
What’s In It For You:
At Arrow, we are driving innovation and choice by offering employees a variety of benefits designed to keep you and your family physically and financially healthy.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and work-life balance, we offer benefits to match your needs:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- 401k, With Matching Contributions
- Paid Time Off
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Options
- Growth Opportunities
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- And More!
Arrow is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. (Arrow EEO/AAP policy)