CircleCI is looking for an Internal Technical Trainer to develop technical content and training materials for our Revenue organization. In this role, you will lead the development and execution of technical training as part of new hire onboarding, go-to-market readiness, and broader professional development initiatives. We seek someone to help develop industry-leading sales and customer success professionals, through their expertise, drive, technical knowledge and deep understanding of adult learning theory (or training). You are bolstered by the challenge of training non-technical employees on highly technical concepts, and committed to challenging and improving our status quo as it relates to employee learning.
This role reports into the Senior Manager of Revenue Enablement, and will work alongside our Commercial Trainers and Onboarding Program Manager. This role is integral to CircleCI’s significant growth plans, and we are looking for someone who is self-motivated, globally minded, and committed to expansive learning environments.About You:
You know how to capture lightbulb moments: you hone your questions and listening skills to recognize, create, and optimize “aha!” moments for learners. You enjoy working in both virtual and in-person environments with a globally distributed team. You’re passionate about coaching, love to learn, and cherish cross functional collaboration. You are able to translate sophisticated topics into simple and clear explanations.What you'll do:
- Empower Revenue teams with the technical and platform knowledge they need to communicate business value to customers using CircleCI
- Provide technical expertise to the full lifecycle of Enablement content, from onboarding, to product & feature training, to industry skill development
- Cultivate strong cross-functional relationships across Product, Customer Engineering, Marketing, and Revenue to achieve learning objectives
- Build training modules and curriculum that can be delivered at scale, in diverse formats to support different learning styles and maximize engagement and understanding (ex. in-person hands-on product workshops, virtual presentations, self-service recorded videos, guided role-plays)
- Develop learning paths for a targeted audience that helps build the technical skills and language related to the DevOps space
- Evaluate, measure, and action on training effectiveness and performance metrics to continuously improve curriculum
- Produce executive-level reports in order to accelerate the success of the Revenue organization
- 2+ years direct training and curriculum design experience, preferably with customer-facing teams
- 2+ years of experience in a technical role (ex. solutions engineer, systems engineer, technical marketer, technical trainer)
- Validated understanding of AWS, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins, CI/CD, and the DevOps toolchain (preferably through firsthand user experience)
- Nuanced facilitation skills for both small and large group discussions, across all levels of the organization, and mixed-knowledge audiences
- Strong understanding of training as a tool for professional development throughout the employee lifecycle
- Experience using (or desire to learn) e-learning software and Enablement tooling (ex. Camtasia, Articulate 360, Gong, Salesforce, Skilljar, Confluence)
- Outstanding written and verbal communications, with an eye for design
- Comfortable with approximately 20-40% domestic and international travel annually (post-COVID)
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Level: Mid-Senior Level