Internal Support - Technology Operations
At Church Community Builder our goal is to “help churches grow disciples.” We create world-class software and partner with churches to make an impact on the world and hopefully eternity. If you are excited about open source software, creative and simple solutions to complex problems, working with exciting technologies, and Mac OS and the command line are your best friends, we are the place for you! While working in Internal Support at Church Community Builder you will partner with a talented, agile, autonomous team to deliver an amazing experience for our associates, provide creative and exciting solutions, get to know everyone in the company and become an expert in understanding our internal infrastructure. In addition, you will be part of a team of individuals that not only know how to work together but also play together. If you have mad Nintendo, and/or Ping Pong skills (or you just like to play hard) but also build a mean automated Mac OS provisioning server and have a servant’s heart, keep reading!
- Serving our associates by providing internal technical support starting at on-boarding new hires
- Purchasing, imaging of, automation of, and maintaining of a fleet of hardware and software to include laptops, phones, tablets, a/v equipment, and associated peripherals/licenses
- Monitor and maintain the performance of all infrastructure related equipment and services including, but not limited to, databases, email servers, web servers, backup servers, firewalls, switches, load balancers, ISPs, and testing servers
- Associate account management to include Google apps administration, laptop account management, and all 3rd party licensing provisioning
- Provide engaging, delightful, and easy to use conference room technology
- Creates, organizes and updates documentation of IT processes, policies, licensing and systems.
- Minimum of 2 years system administration or desktop support
- Thorough knowledge of Unix/Mac OS operating systems and commands
- Knowledge of server and laptop hardware maintenance such as installing memory, hard drives, displays, fans, logic boards, etc…
- Switch management and understanding of networking concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Must be flexible and embrace frequent change and improvements
- Must be a self-starter and successful under limited supervision
- Experience with cloud-based voip services preferred
- MySQL scripting experience
- Knowledge of firewall maintenance and policy management
- Munki experience
- Bash shell scripting
- Self-Awareness: Recognizes own strengths & weaknesses. Not defensive. Does not rationalize mistakes or blame others. Uses feedback mechanisms.
- Integrity: Does not ethically cut corners. Earns the trust of co-workers. Puts the organization above self-interest. Inspires people to follow the lead. Minimizes intimidation.
- Excellence: Sets high stretch standards of performance for self and others. Low tolerance for mediocrity. High sense of responsibility. Monitors client satisfaction (internal and external). Seeks simplicity.
- Resourcefulness: Passionately finds ways over, around, or through barriers to success. Achieves results despite lack of resources. Goes beyond the call of duty. Shows bias for action. A result-oriented “doer”. Reputation for not giving up and being passionate.
- Enthusiasm: Achieves cohesive, effective team spirit with others. Treats others fairly and respectfully. Shares credit. Exhibits dynamism, excitement, and a positive attitude. Encourages others to do the same, discourages cynicism.
- Leading Edge: Reaches out to peers. Approachable. Leads peers to do what is best for the company. Constantly benchmarks best practices & expects others to do the same. Leaves a current role better than when started.
- Track Record: Successful career history. Generally earns performance ratings of “excellent.”
- Analysis Skills: Identifies significant problems & opportunities. Analyzes problems and people in depth. Sorts the wheat from the chaff, determining root causes.
- Creativity: Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices. Shows imagination
- Judgment/Decision Making: Consistent logic, rationality & objectivity in decision making. Neither indecisive nor hip-shooter.
What you will get:
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Vision and Dental insurance
- 401K matching
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off
- Company-paid staff retreats
- In-house workout facility
- Twice a month All Staff breakfasts or lunches
- James 1:27 - up to 5 consecutive paid days to serve widows, orphans or vulnerable single-parent homes
FLSA Status: Exempt
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to stand or sit, reach, bend, and move about the facility. The facility is a normal office environment with variation of temperature and lighting.
Church Community Builder reserves the right to review and change all role descriptions, at its sole discretion, and to notify the respective associate accordingly