Internal IT Support Manager
- Direct and manage internal support technicians
- Prioritize IT related problems and escalate within the as necessary
- Assign problems/incidents to support technicians
- Analyze and monitor internal systems and identify systems that could be a risk to our business operations
- Evaluate workload and determine resources needed to maintain business efficiency
- Follow up with senior management and gauge their satisfaction with technical support services and implement corrective action as needed
- Direct management of internal technical support team and identify training needs and develop and career plan for team members.
- Manage break-fix support on internal systems
- Measure support services and achieve service restoration SLA’s
- Define, prioritize, and resolve all support requests in an organized, efficient and productive manor
- Create and maintain system and network documentation.
- Coordinate IT projects and manage resources
- Establish a strong relationship with our product vendors
- Advise and build an ITIL support structure and documents ITIL standards and procedures
- Monitor technical project deliverables and provide recommendations to senior management
Skills and Job Related Experience:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Proven working experience as an IT support manager with experience managing support engineers
- Excellent knowledge of system triage, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, system migrations
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone, email or in person
- A self-directed go getter who can lead projects
- Maintain a strong relationship with product vendors
- Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team and encourage collaboration across all teams.
- Demonstrate a technical knowledge of network topology, operating systems, protocols, and system integration.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Experienced analyzing project scope and preparing project plans
- Track deliverables and manage to budgets
- Experience creating and maintaining IT configuration and knowledgebase documentation.
- Be a technical lead for ITIL standards and compliance
- B.S. degree in Information Systems, Engineering or Computer science
- 5+ years relevant experience managing IT support teams or similar experience in lead technical support role
- MCSA or RHCSA certifications (preferred)
- MS Office suite (including MS Project and advance Excel skills) and Sharepoint
- Project Management certified (optional)
- ITIL foundation certification