Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Director of Internal Communications leads communications initiatives and advises senior colleagues on communication needs and strategies for internal Zayo audiences. This individual may provide guidance to more junior professionals in the development of materials. This individual solves unique problems that have a broad impact on the business or organization function and contributes to development of an internal communications strategy.
- Leads the conception, creation, editing, and dissemination of internal communications for company initiatives.
- Develops internal communications for Zayo employees and managers, particularly promoting or educating on the programs and benefits offered by Zayo’s Human Resources.
- Advises senior colleagues on internal communications needs and strategies.
- Provides guidance to more junior professionals supporting internal communications initiatives.
- Provides internal communications support for high-profile issues with significant impact to Zayo.
- Oversees and conducts final review of internal communication materials to ensure alignment with Zayo and its brand, as well as internal business partners’ strategies and goals.
- Provides communication project management for internal business partners.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the effectiveness of communications strategies and campaigns.
- Presents reports to senior management and escalates issues with broad impact to senior leaders.
- Leverages in-depth industry experience to develop and present recommendations on new and innovative approaches to communications that will enhance performance.
- Collaborates with external communications on brand and editorial guidelines and establishing relationships/maintaining with external vendors (e.g., graphics designers, printers, etc.).
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of work experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Base salary range: $115-130k
- Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave