Internal Audit Manager at HomeAdvisor
The Internal Audit Manager is responsible for developing and executing internal audit reviews for ANGI Homeservices businesses. As part of Internal Audit, this position will assist our businesses with process optimization, internal controls and compliance. Additionally, the Internal Audit Manager will have the opportunity to focus on and learn about ANGI companies and business processes. The skills necessary to succeed in this position include project management and organization, ability to collaborate and partner, audit expertise and effective communication. The Internal Audit Manager will assist in the development, planning, execution and communication of audits of the various business units and will develop recommendations to improve/enhance the internal control environment.
- Plan and execute audits. This includes identifying and researching applicable operational/technical issues, identifying risks, developing test plans and executing audit procedures and test steps.
- Build a culture of risk management and controls through collaboration with senior management
- Develop and maintain trusted relationships with each of the ANGI businesses by:
1. Establishing and maintaining communication with management and process owners
2. Assisting in providing timely and value-added reporting to management and
3. Assisting in proactively identifying potential areas of risk in the development and/or implementation of new processes, procedures and policies
- Proactively identify areas of emerging risk that should be considered for audit.
- Coordinate Internal Audit activities with the external auditors/consultants as needed to ensure efficient and effective coverage of areas under review by integrated teams.
- Draft formal reports and presentations for management.
- Assist with special assignments as determined by Internal Audit senior management including operational audit of key risk areas
- As part of the Internal Audit team, keep up to date on industry and business trends significant to the profession and to IAC.
- Perform other related duties as required or requested by the group’s senior management.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required. Travel is variable in frequency, generally at 5-15%
SKILLS AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s in Accounting Degree preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant and/or Certified Internal Auditor preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ Public Accounting and/or Internal Audit experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain a high standard of ethics and professionalism.
- Understanding of IT General Controls and their impact on financial controls and audits
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration and teamwork skills. This includes effectively participating and contributing to the attainment of group goals and sharing information and resources with other group members coupled with ability to conduct audits and interact with management independently.
- Training and development of Internal Audit team members
- Detail oriented and well organized.
- Enthusiastic and intellectually curious with effective critical thinking skills.
- Effective use of Windows-based applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation.